Author Topic: Clarkson V4 vertical steam engine  (Read 723 times)

Offline Trevorc

Clarkson V4 vertical steam engine
« on: September 02, 2022, 03:09:25 PM »
Hello
I have recently rescued from a deceased members workshop this partially complete vertical engine.
Clearly marked Clarkson on the base plus V4. Not sure if the latter isn't a casting identified. Looks like 1 inch bore by 1 5/8 inch stroke.
Does any one have any background info on this engine? A lot of work has been done such that it would be a shame not to finish it BUT I don't have any drawings! Can any one point me in the direction of where drawings may be found.
Thank you
Trevorc

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Clarkson V4 vertical steam engine
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 03:31:22 PM »
That would seem to be one of the little Clarkson Verticals - Surus has a set of the castings in his collection  :pinkelephant: We only have the drawings for the larger compound (and a few scrappy bits captured on the internet). I can confirm that V4 is the part number of the bedplate.

Blackgates will sell you a set of drawings (I suspect the postage will be almost as expensive as the drawings  ::))

Our plans were to build ours with reversing gear (possibly).

Jo

Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
Re: Clarkson V4 vertical steam engine
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 08:10:04 PM »
Looks to me like it has been build and assembled to running condition ....
Maybe running on Steam had it corroding some => it has been taken apart for cleaning / TLC and some of the parts are now missing  :noidea:

I Hope you get it running again  :cheers:

Per

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal