Help! > Machines, Tools and Fixtures

New toy for the Levin!

(1/2) > >>

steamer:
Just scored a 8mm collet tailstock for a price below the national debt....been looking for two years!....pictures when it gets here

steamer:
Oooh   ooooh and another sought after trinket....a fixed steady!.....got a decent.deal on that too!

steamer:
Pictures today I think.   I got my work done at work, and took the second week of vacation that I wanted to take.

A Tailstock  ( 8 mm collet holding push tailstock) and a steady rest for the Levin.) the TS needs a little cleaning up, but the bore and spindle are perfect as is center height....so it wont take too much I think

Dave

Mcgyver:
Nice.  They are great little lathes, I'm in very deep as well lol.

steamer:

--- Quote from: Mcgyver on September 05, 2022, 11:39:10 PM ---Nice.  They are great little lathes, I'm in very deep as well lol.

--- End quote ---

Well   If you dont mind the lack of Chrome, the painted ones  ( mostly war machines) come up for very reasonable prices.    Mine was one of the very first Levin's, (39-41 according to Levin)  and the Tailstock and steady I just got,  I think were middle to late 40's    Dropped right on and aligned perfectly.     I needed to make a new clamp bolt for the TS which I just finished and the steady clamp screw is far too long, so I'll shorten that up.     Working on that right now....just need to draw up a quick lathe fixture to hang on to it.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version