Author Topic: First prints  (Read 1146 times)

Online A7er

• Cornwall, UK
First prints
« on: August 03, 2022, 06:47:25 PM »
I tried a print with my new resin printer today. I had an idea it would not go well. The FEP film at the bottom of the resin vat had some ripples in it. It is supposed to be perfectly flat and under tension. But I gave it a go anyway. I had put too much resin in the tray so I couldn't watch the progress of the print. An hour into a 4 hour print I could see that something had failed. I stopped the print to have a look. I had 5 items on the build plate, 3 printed perfectly, 1 failed completely and I had stopped the print before number 5 could do any thing. These are 3 images of the good bits. IMG-2061 shows a small nameplate, the green one is the resin print and the blue one is from my Ender3. IMG-2064 shows more detail, the fillet on the lettering is half a mm. IMG-2065 is 55mm across the top and shows the surface finish.
I hope the images have attached OK.
Lee

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
Re: First prints
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 08:18:00 PM »
Welcome to another World of Learning - Through Disasters, Errors, Mishaps and Succes  :Jester:

As I have a Prusa Filament Printer - most of the things you encounter will be different from my Experinces - but Enjoy the Trip  :cheers:

Per

Online A7er

• Cornwall, UK
Re: First prints
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 09:26:57 PM »
Per,
I have an Anycubic printer that uses Photon workshop to slice the files. Photon workshop won't run very well on my computer, but Prusa slicer does. So I use Prusa slicer to prepare the prints, hollowing, holes, supports etc, then I export the file as an STL into Photon workshop to slice. Thinking about the problems logically, and having watched a youtube video this evening where the poster had a FEP film with as many bumps as mine, I think it was me preparing the print in Prusa that created the problem. Not enough supports and not beefy enough. I will try again.
Lee

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal