About MEM > Introduce Yourself

Hello Everyone

(1/2) > >>

KenG:
My name is Ken. I live in Birmingham, UK. Im a retired engineer who worked in the power sector, working mainly on power station steam turbines. Since retirement i have set up my shed into a small workshop and have just finished all the machining on the Stuart 10V, nearly ready for first assembly, test run and painting. I am now looking for another project and love the look of the Stuart No 9 engine and reading the book written by Tubal Cain. If anyone one this site has machined one from castings it   would be great to have some advice. Love all the information on this site. Take care everyone. Ken.

Kim:
Hi Ken,
Welcome to the fourm!
There are several of us retired engineers on this forum. I'm one of those. Though I was in the computer side of things rather than power.
Sounds like you're having a great time :)
Though I don't have any experience with Stuart casting sets there are many people here who do and can hopefully give you some pointers.

Best of luck and I hope to see you posting a build log here!  (with lots of pictures!)

Kim

RReid:
Hi Ken, and welcome from yet another retired engineer. In my case on electrochemical engines, i.e. hydrogen fuel cells.

Michael S.:
hi Ken,
welcome to this excellent forum.
The Stuart No. 9 I haven't built yet, but a few other Stuart machines. I hope your Stuart 10 will be a great success.

Michael

john mills:
Hi  Ken
welcome
hope your getting on alright with the 10 v
the No 9 i built mine a few years ago probably late 70's although i only recently completed the govoner.its a nice engine .
John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version