Engines > Restoration of Model Engines

The number 173.

(1/5) > >>

Michael S.:
Hello,

I would like to tell you about a model steam engine that I restored two years ago. When I bought it, it wasn't finished yet. The first builder may have started building the model between 1920-1930. It is a model from the 1925 Wilhelm Bischoff catalog from Dresden - Germany. It is called number 173 with a 30 mm bore and 50 mm stroke. There are still some parts missing and there are also some bugs on the machine.
I disassembled it and we're good to go.

Michael

Admiral_dk:
The old part you got here looks to be good shape for their age  :ThumbsUp:
So I guess that it is mostly a question of making the missing bits + testing that the Old parts are made to the correct measurements ...?

Will follow this with interest  :cheers:

Per

Michael S.:
Since all parts were individual, the base was measured and a wooden model was built. A friend from university made a cast in aluminum.
I would like to rebuild the model again later.

Michael

Jo:
Nice little engine   :)

A quick translation to save others the time:

--- Quote ---30mm bore, 50mm throw. Made from the parts of set 205 on page 29, Equipped with bronze bearing shells, regulator, throttle valve, feed pump, large hollow cast foundation and 2 condensate bowls, as well as oilers, in a varnished and nickel-plated design, output approx 1/15 HP
--- End quote ---

Actually it not that little  ;)

Jo

Michael S.:
yes Per, the controller, eccentric and control valve, water pump and a few other useful things are missing.

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version