The Showcase > Engines

Upshur - first build

(1/5) > >>

IanM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBbN3uAWCbQ

This is nowhere near as pretty as most of the engines on this forum but its the first one I have made and made to work. I am grateful for the information I gleaned from the very skilled people on this site. I am happy to say that, having learned mountains about this small engine, I have now civilised it and have perfected the things I need, in order to do this again, much better and neater on Take 2. Perhaps this brings back memories for others as they finally brought enough together to run an engine?  I hope it may interest.  Regards Ian M

Kim:
Congratulations, Ian!  It runs!   :cartwheel:

I've never built an IC engine, so you're leaps and bounds ahead of me!  Well done!  You should feel quite proud of this accomplishment!

Kim

RReid:
Congratulations Ian! :cheers:
It's interesting to see and hear the progression as you get it running better and better. I noticed that you modified it a bit from the plans, changing from an atmospheric intake valve to a cam driven one? Nice job! :ThumbsUp:

IanM:
Thank you - encouragement appreciated!  I liked the driven intake valve and the version of the Upshur plans that I worked from (bought from the family) had a two cam/two pushrod design so I can't take the credit for the enhancement. The substantial reduction in emissions has to be progress. Mainly due to improving the carb after 4 iterations...

RReid:

--- Quote ---I liked the driven intake valve and the version of the Upshur plans that I worked from (bought from the family) had a two cam/two pushrod design so I can't take the credit for the enhancement.
--- End quote ---
Gotcha, I'd forgotten that version was available separately from the "Red Farm Engine" plans I worked from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version