General Category > Chatterbox

My Latest (Tool) Score

(1/5) > >>

propforward:
Saw a few posts of nice things people have been lucky enough to acquire recently - I thought it might be fun to have a brag thread. We don't have many banter threads active any more, I thought this might be good. And if not, no loss.

So the idea is to post up cool tool finds and acquisitions. Nominally used tools make the most sense, but doesn't matter, anything you've acquired that you are happy to get a hold of really. I'll start with a simple one.

A set of pin gauges. Lightly used and most in their deteriorating paper wrapping, easily removed with a spray of WD 40 and a cloth. They are import generic brand, but for $50 shipped for a complete set of .501" to .625" minus pin gauges that's a decent find. And so far they all mic out correctly.

Happy with that - I love pin gauges, they have all sorts of uses.

Kim:
Great find, Stuart!  I have inexpensive pin gauges up to 0.500" but it would be great to have some larger. Used like this is probably the only way I could justify it though.  Nice find!

Kim

steamer:
A bore gage and ring master for the 917 project.   Nice to have a single source of truth when I'm lapping the cylinders!

And another small box for the watchmakers bench and the assorted stuff that is overflowing there!

It'll need to be recessed in, or a new shelf made....but stuff needs to get organized!    Eliminate horizontal surfaces!!!!!

Some Bridgeport End Measures   ( very cheap purchase, but can be useful for set up)

and A 1-2" "tenths' mic in good shape,

propforward:
That is a very nice set of finds. I don't know, I just think it's really great to see good used tools find new homes and a new use with someone that appreciates them.

Jealous of that watchmakers cabinet! I love wooden storage chests.

steam guy willy:
Hi all wow  a good thread I have loads of good finds to post    and I love extra slot in the micrometer box for the update for the digital spare battery ??!!!

Willy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version