Author Topic: LONGBOY'S "PARTNERS" MODEL GAS ENGINE! (WEBSTER TWIN)  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
Re: LONGBOY'S "PARTNERS" MODEL GAS ENGINE! (WEBSTER TWIN)
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2022, 09:04:04 PM »
That is a very cool engine!   :ThumbsUp: :popcorn:

And quite compact - you crammed a lot of stuff in a little space there.

I love that there is so much to see on this engine.

Kim

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2022, 11:03:20 PM »
I see that it start as easy as I remember most of you models + nice and steady idle :ThumbsUp:

Per

Offline Longboy

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2022, 12:28:25 AM »
I see that it start as easy as I remember most of you models + nice and steady idle :ThumbsUp:

Per

Thanks Admiral. When you get them to hand start ....you know you got it right!    Dave
Wadda you mean, "It don't run"???

Offline mnay

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2022, 08:11:25 PM »
Beautiful work.  I love to follow your projects.
Mike

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2022, 11:25:06 AM »
Its always interesting to see your unusual interpretations of engine layout.  You clearly have the important parts really well sorted, while your unusual layouts demonstrate that other parts can be arranged in unusual configurations without detriment.

Will you use this engine to drive something?

MJM460

The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2022, 05:12:27 PM »
Excellent  :praise2:  :praise2: I have always stayed away from gear/belt driven flywheels however yours (and Jan Ridder's) seem to work well  :)
Best regards

Roger

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2022, 07:33:49 PM »
 :Love:

:drinking-41:
Don

Offline Longboy

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2022, 06:31:54 AM »
Its always interesting to see your unusual interpretations of engine layout.  You clearly have the important parts really well sorted, while your unusual layouts demonstrate that other parts can be arranged in unusual configurations without detriment.

Will you use this engine to drive something?

MJM460
Thanks MJM.  Been inquired of me about using some of the models by making vehicles for them. Not in the works but have a couple with onboard belt driven fans and generators. Happy to just let them idle along after completion and retired to display on the shelves.    Dave

Offline Longboy

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2022, 07:14:52 AM »
Excellent  :praise2:  :praise2: I have always stayed away from gear/belt driven flywheels however yours (and Jan Ridder's) seem to work well  :)
Thanks Roger.  Spurs are tried and true for parallel shaft connections like crank to camshaft and the bevel gears work well taking the central drive crank rotations to outboard perimeter shafts via their 90 degree intersects. The MXL sprockets and belts an economic savings over multi gear extensions to driven shafts that are some distance apart. Those scale U-joints for occasional odd angle drives work well too. Part of the tool box of possibilities as I wildcat such one off unique designs. If you come in with an engine design sometime that has needs for extensions, direction changes or layout changes because it has just enough different aspects from those tried, proven and accepted configured engines.........you will know what to use to get those rotating items sync't together.   :ThumbsUp:    Dave

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal