Author Topic: Hobbymat Collets  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
Hobbymat Collets
« on: March 25, 2022, 07:52:51 PM »
My Hobbymat lathe came with a good selection of imperial collets but some gaps in the metric series. The only European supplier I could find was Santool In Germany. I ordered 4mm and 8mm sizes. They look good although a little different from the original 6mm one. There are holes in the clamping surface filled with plastic plugs, I assume to keep things in place whilst they are ground. I probably could have made these myself but at ~20 Euros a piece it seemed easier to buy.
Best regards

Roger

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Hobbymat Collets
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 07:59:03 PM »
I can remember what an expensive faff it was getting those Hobbymat collets in the first place   ::)

I am pleased you have found someone who can provide new ones  :)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Zephyrin

• near Paris, France
Re: Hobbymat Collets
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 09:49:35 AM »
I have a tiny "Toyo" lathe + mill, and the number of collet available is limited to 6, 8, 10 mm, (not to mention the price !) and only compatible with themselves, neither ER or OZ...
I had to make my own for holding 12 mm mill bits, which I have in a large number for my Larger X2mill.
I was not that easy as the final collet is extremely thin, as the largest collet is 10 mm, but once installed, it holds perfectly the 12mm tooling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal