Supporting > Tooling & Machines

Hemingway Knurling Tool

(1/7) > >>

Baltic:
Hello, I thought some of the members might be interested in my little tooling project I decided to build, a new knurling tool Hemingway Kit from the UK,
As mentioned in my new members post, it has been around 25years since I turned on a lathe or mill, so this has been a real learning curve, amazing how the basic stuff you learned comes back to you,  :)
I am happy to take advise as this is a learning curve for myself, please excuse some of my agricultural methods, like the 230mm precision angle grinder !I intend to purchase a bandsaw at some stage before retirement.
I made a little jig to hold the arms, (I seen this idea on another site,) I will use a new rotary table so that will be a first for myself also,
Thanks
Gary

propforward:
Nice work. By all accounts the Hemingway tool is a very nice knurling tool - I've thought about making one also (another project on the list).

I am jealous of your anvil. I want to have a try at some home blacksmithing.

Roger B:
Looking good  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp:

I enjoyed making the Hemingway quick set Keats,

https://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,4275.0.html

Don1966:
Nice project I made many of Hemingway tools but not this one. Great start.

Don

Baltic:
Thanks Stuart, I have had the Anvil for about 28years now,I hardly use it but also intend to do some scroll work,I paid $50AU for it from a mate of mine, he always reminds me of the value of them now I think it is the full size, 240lb ?
I checked out your workshop thread, very impressive,  :)

Thanks Don & Roger, PS I will go over your Keats build soon,

Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version