Engines > Your Own Design

The "2-Bits" V-Twin

<< < (2/59) > >>

Roger B:
An interesting project to follow  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp:  :wine1:

I do like the old engines and how they solved the various problems  :) I guess that with a 50° engine there must be two separate exhaust cams on the camshaft  :headscratch:

RReid:
Thanks Stuart. Thanks for taking an interest guys!

Art - Apparently that rear seat w/ handlebars the bike in your photo from the museum has was an extra cost option!

Hugh - I've put in a couple of drawings below with some of the other parts hidden or made wireframe, so as to shown the valves, cams, and rocker arrangement more clearly. For the front cylinder I've colored the intake valve green, the exhaust valve red. The intake is an atmospheric valve (pulled open by low pressure in the cylinder on the intake stroke), so is not driven from a cam.

Roger - That's correct, there is a cam for each exhaust valve. The lobes are just arbitrarily set at 90 degrees apart on the drawing.

Hugh Currin:
Ah Ha, there is a cam.

Thanks.

kuhncw:
Very interesting project.  Which CAD system are you using?

If anyone happens to visit Hammondsport, NY,  the Glen Curtiss Museum is well worth seeing.

https://glennhcurtissmuseum.org/exhibits-on-display/

Chuck

RReid:
Hi Chuck. I'm using Alibre Atom 3D.

That would be a fun museum to visit. When I lived and worked in Maryland I went up to Watkins Glen a few times to help the race team my son worked for. One time on a free day we went over to Ithaca and rented kayaks; if we'd known about it the museum would have been just as fun and just as close the opposite direction! From California though it's a bit of a hike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version