About MEM > Introduce Yourself

Hello from s.w. Missouri

(1/3) > >>

johndilsaver:
Hi Everyone

I'm a retired physics/mathematics educator.  My workshop is near the small town of Sparta, MO.  I have blacksmithing as well as machining gear in my shop.  I've been smithing since retirement (9 years) and I have a long time interest in machining and also a bit of home foundry background.  I'm looking forward to learning from this group!

John D
Sparta, MO

crueby:
Welcome John!!

Roger B:
Welcome to the Forum  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp:

What sort of engines are you interested in, IC, steam, hot air?

johndilsaver:
Hi Roger

I meant to say this in my first post.  The specific thing that led me to this forum was a desire to get started on a set of Rider-Ericsson stirling cycle pumping engine castings that I poured many years ago.  It's one of those (way too many) projects that I always said I'd get to "after retirement."  I guess "after retirement" is now, and it seems like time is passing very quickly.  The scale of the castings are for a 2" power piston. 

Many years ago my Dad got me started collecting vintage engines, hit-and-miss farm engine kind of things, that's what got me headed down this path.  I've always been interested in the air engines, never have had one.

propforward:
Welcome to the forum John. As well as your stirling engine, I do hope we may see some examples of your smithing. I picked up a book on blacksmithing recently and I'd like to try my hand at it in a small way sometime.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version