Help! > Hints, Tips & Tricks

4-Stroke Valve Event Diagram

(1/3) > >>

RReid:
Inspired by the valve event diagrams shown by Mike (Vixen) in this thread (https://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,10708.60.html),
I've drawn up my own using Alibre, cribbing Mike's layout shamelessly. Since this would be easily editable for other Alibre users, I thought I would post the file here. I've also attached the files in .DXF and .DWG formats; whether these can be made editable by users of other packages I don't know.

For Alibre folks:
To edit the angular values, click on "Diagram" in the Design Tree to the left; select "Activate 2D Sketch" from the toolbar; once the sketch window opens you can double click on the values and change as desired. When done click "Deactivate Sketch".

To edit the Title Block entries simply double click on any of the text without entering the sketch mode, and make changes as desired.

fumopuc:
Hi Ron, thanks for this post here.
And also thanks to Mike (Vixen) for the idea to show it this way.
The other day I have done a similar thing with Fusion 360.

For Fusion folks.
The disk and the timing bars are a 3D model.
Adjustment will be done in the one and only sketch of the model.
Any kind of written explanation, angle dimension and other comments will be done in the drawing section.
The 3D model is attached.
Drawings in Fusion can be exported by PDF only, that does makes no sense to post it here, only a picture of a sample drawing below.
So if you load the model and the relevant adjustment in the sketch is done, the drawing with dimensioning and comments has to be made individually.

AVTUR:

--- Quote from: fumopuc on February 04, 2022, 06:22:29 AM ---Hi Ron, thanks for this post here.
And also thanks to Mike (Vixen) for the idea to show it this way.
The other day I have done a similar thing with Fusion 360.

For Fusion folks.
Drawings in Fusion can be exported by PDF only, that does makes no sense to post it here, only a picture of a sample drawing below.
So if you load the model and the relevant adjustment in the sketch is done, the drawing with dimensioning and comments has to be made individually.

--- End quote ---

I use Fusion360 and have got annoyed with drawings being export to a .pdf file. This, generally, is becoming quite common as an only option.

Keep the .pdf file as the master and take a screen shot of it. This can then be pasted into a suitable file, I use paint, as a .jpg and can be annoted etc as a working drawing.

AVTUR

Swarf Maker:
Can I recommend that you download a copy of 'Pixillion' from NCH Software?  There is a free to use version (for non-commercial use) of this comprehensive image conversion software that will take the pdf file and convert it directly to most other graphic formats.  Much easier and more accurate than using screen-grab applications.
https://www.nchsoftware.com/imageconverter/index.html
It also seems to be available as a Microsoft app.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/pixillion-image-file-converter-free/9n39jbn11hx8#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

RReid:
Thank you, Achim. Your version looks good. :ThumbsUp:

Thanks for the interest, Avtur.

Thank you for the suggestion, Swarfmaker. Alibre will export to PDF or to JPG, in addition to DXF and DWG, so I don't need Pixillion for this, but I've downloaded it anyway as it looks like a useful tool.

Also I didn't properly thank Vixen. Thanks for the idea and teachings Mike!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version