Author Topic: BXA type import toolpost for sale  (Read 544 times)

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
BXA type import toolpost for sale
« on: February 18, 2022, 11:18:03 PM »
I have this lightly used BXA size toolpost that is surplus to requirements. I thought I would put it on here and give someone a shot at it a little cheaper than if I put it on ebay.

There is nothing wrong with it, but I obtained a genuine Aloris BXA toolpost, so this one is surplus to requirements. Honestly, I doubt if having the Aloris will suddenly drastically change the quality of my machining, but there it is. There are no toolholders with this toolpost, but it does have a machined T nut, which probably won't fit your lathe. But it might. Toolholders are readily available from a variety of online sources. I just checked, and my Bostar (and other makes) do fit fine on the Aloris, so they appear to all be compatible.

It is made by Bostar, and if you look these up on fleabay you'll see they go for $100 plus shipping with no toolholders.

How about $80 including shipping to the USA?

For the T nut, reference this diagram:

The T slot on my lathe which this T nut fits measures:

B= 1.972"
C=1.264"
D=.320"
E=.620"

I had this on a 12" swing lathe - the AXA might be a slightly better fit, but this is more solid, and easily gets 1/2" insert tools on center. Above that is hit and miss.
Stuart

Forging ahead regardless.

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
Re: BXA type import toolpost for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 10:53:18 PM »
My first and only bump - I'll drop the price to new low low price of $50 shipped to the contiguous USA, for this forum only. Next weekend I'll put it on the fleabay. If it helps a forum member, then that's great.
Stuart

Forging ahead regardless.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal