Author Topic: Cabin Fever 2022  (Read 5645 times)

Offline Dreeves

Cabin Fever 2022
« on: December 16, 2021, 01:25:20 PM »
Hey everyone, Who plans on attending Cabin Fever this year?  I have already booked my room. The show day have changed to Friday and Saturday for this years show. look forward to seeing everyone at the show

Dave

Offline bobh

Re: Cabin Fever 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 02:44:55 PM »
I'm in. Trying to decide if Friday or Saturday is the better day to go. Bob

Offline gbritnell

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 03:28:10 PM »
I'll be there both Friday and Saturday. I have reservations made. The only thing that would change is if the weather is too bad. Never know that time of year.
gbritnell
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline Stan Stocker

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 03:39:37 PM »
Have to say I'm sort of on the fence this year.  I've made it to 22 of the last 24 shows.  Got my booster yesterday, and sure would like to be there for the 25th.  Just hoping there isn't a large surge in Covid cases in the mid Atlantic region after the holidays.  There's just no way to avoid being pressed up against folks for hours at the show.  Being a day shorter is sort of a bummer, but at least it's only around six hours of driving to get there for me.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all, hopefully we'll have a good show!
Stan

Offline cheepo45

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 07:07:47 PM »
I will be there for the whole show. Hotel reservations are made.
I need to do some repair work on some of my engines over the holidays to get everything ready.
 Looking forward to seeing everyone and their new toys!
 Happy Holidays!
 Scott

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 09:04:03 PM »
I plan on being there at least one of the days.  Due to my job, any chance of winter weather will affect my ability to attend.

Do MEM members still setup together? If so, I would be interested in setting up with the group.

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline RonGinger

• Boothbay Maine USA
    • Pleasant Cove Models
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 09:28:59 PM »
I am planning to be there as well. I also share Stans worry about Covid, and I'm sure there will be few masks. I hate the idea of wearing one but it seems likely to be needed.

I am working on an engine and boiler for a steamboat model that I hope to bring.

The show is not really shorter this year. The public can get in two days, Friday and Saturday. We will not be kicked out on Sunday and Gary hopes we will hang around and enjoy the show on Sunday. They will not pack up anything until Monday.

Note the auction will be fully on-line- no bidding by waving cards. So if you are not there you still have  the same chance to bid.

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 01:45:01 AM »
I am planning to be there. Does anyone know about the air setup for the show? I have some steam engines I'd like to run do I need my own compressor?
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 02:13:02 AM »
They run air lines around the tables in the center of the room so you just need a manifold to split one supply to however many engines you want to run.

Offline RonGinger

• Boothbay Maine USA
    • Pleasant Cove Models
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2021, 04:02:46 AM »
A black iron pipe, about 1", runs along the back edge of many tables- not all but many. Just get there early enough to grab a spot with pipe. The pipes have been tapped about every 6 ft or so and a brass shutoff inserted. You will need a flexible hose to connect to either a male of female thread, I think 1/4NPT. The fittings vary, bring a couple different ones and you should be ok.

Outside the building there will be a big engine powered compressor supplying the pipe. This will be fired up each morning just before the doors open and run all day, sometimes with a brief interruption for service.

Most guys have a small manifold with their own regulator and however many taps needed for their models.

Offline PJPickard

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2021, 01:05:26 AM »
I've been mostly planning on going, I've only missed one show, not counting the last two years. I saw this in the news and am wondering if other towns will follow with something too.
https://www.wgal.com/article/york-cancels-large-city-events-due-to-covid-19-surge/38552890

Offline kvom

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2021, 01:21:04 PM »
I was unaware CF was on for this year until I saw this post.  Looking now to combine with a day in NYC before a day at the show. 

Offline jschoenly

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2021, 03:36:53 AM »
Hello all!

First sorry for my lack of posts.  I assure it is only an artifact of being very busy this year! 

As of now we are very much planning to have to the show.  We have been advertising in all the usual places.  Attached is a flyer for this year.  We have made some minor tweaks.  The show time change is more an adjustment to "what happens at the show" more than trying to make a change.  No one will be rushed out Sunday, we'll have air on in the morning, etc.  However Friday and Saturday have always been the busy days so we are adjusting to this new schedule. 

As for the Covid situation - We will be following all guidelines as required.  We will certainly be encouraging masks and distancing to the best of everyone's ability.  Again, any requirements will be those place on us. 

The auctions have shifted to all Online Only bidding.  The plan is to however still have the items on site for inspection and pickup following the sales.  Bidding can be done on phones, tablets, laptops, etc and we plan to have some minimal bids accepted for those without devices.  Terms and information for this will be coming soon.

We missing seeing everyone at the show and are certainly hoping we are able to enjoy the weekend as we all have missed the comradery this past year. 

Jared
Jared
                                 Cabin Fever Expo
--- Model Engineering and Home Shop Hobbies in all Forms! ---

Offline FKreider

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 01:42:38 AM »
I'm considering going and would love to put faces with names here on the forum. Its a little over 5 hours for me to drive down.

Only concern is the current Covid surge unfortunately.  :headscratch:
-Frank K.

Offline gbritnell

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2022, 07:56:46 PM »
The weather from Cleveland to Lebanon is looking good so I will be there both days
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal