The Showcase > Shows

Cabin Fever 2022

<< < (2/7) > >>

90LX_Notch:
I plan on being there at least one of the days.  Due to my job, any chance of winter weather will affect my ability to attend.

Do MEM members still setup together? If so, I would be interested in setting up with the group.

-Bob

RonGinger:
I am planning to be there as well. I also share Stans worry about Covid, and I'm sure there will be few masks. I hate the idea of wearing one but it seems likely to be needed.

I am working on an engine and boiler for a steamboat model that I hope to bring.

The show is not really shorter this year. The public can get in two days, Friday and Saturday. We will not be kicked out on Sunday and Gary hopes we will hang around and enjoy the show on Sunday. They will not pack up anything until Monday.

Note the auction will be fully on-line- no bidding by waving cards. So if you are not there you still have  the same chance to bid.

Art K:
I am planning to be there. Does anyone know about the air setup for the show? I have some steam engines I'd like to run do I need my own compressor?
Art

crueby:
They run air lines around the tables in the center of the room so you just need a manifold to split one supply to however many engines you want to run.

RonGinger:
A black iron pipe, about 1", runs along the back edge of many tables- not all but many. Just get there early enough to grab a spot with pipe. The pipes have been tapped about every 6 ft or so and a brass shutoff inserted. You will need a flexible hose to connect to either a male of female thread, I think 1/4NPT. The fittings vary, bring a couple different ones and you should be ok.

Outside the building there will be a big engine powered compressor supplying the pipe. This will be fired up each morning just before the doors open and run all day, sometimes with a brief interruption for service.

Most guys have a small manifold with their own regulator and however many taps needed for their models.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version