Author Topic: CIRCUIT  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
Re: CIRCUIT
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2021, 07:24:40 AM »
CIRCUIT THINGY
I don’t think the  run jog switch will work for jog, it will stop just like pushing the stop push button. So what is the purpose of it?

Don

Hi All,

It's a circuit copied / derived from a commercially built VFD remote pendant.  ( Except the Speed Pot. wiring ).

I decided to make one of my own for the Myford S7  and fit it to it's industrial stand after removing the original control panel.

No Don, I came to the same conclusion as yourself when I saw it. On the original it's marked as Run/Jog so that's what I put .

Never needed to 'jog' the S7 anyway.    :thinking:    Got chuck keys for that.  ;)

Dave

Offline Lew Hartswick

• Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2021, 01:42:43 PM »
Functional but I would prefer the controls to be in the supply side rather than the ground side .
   ...lew...

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2021, 02:24:00 PM »
Functional but I would prefer the controls to be in the supply side rather than the ground side .
   ...lew...

I presume (?) the VFD expects those voltage levels ....  :headscratch:

Dave

EDIT A very cursory check suggests  the control lines sink the current to opto-couplers in the VFD...  :ThumbsUp:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 02:37:09 PM by Bluechip »

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2021, 04:10:12 PM »
I presume (?) the VFD expects those voltage levels ....  :headscratch:

Dave

EDIT A very cursory check suggests  the control lines sink the current to opto-couplers in the VFD...  :ThumbsUp:

You are correct Dave. I installed a VFD years ago on my Myford lathe if you remember. It has 24VDC control and you can source or sink the controls. A jumper on mine determine which to use. And Dave I don’t need jog mode either.

Don

Edit Jo: to correct HTML codes
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 04:48:58 PM by Jo »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal