Author Topic: CIRCUIT  (Read 991 times)

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
Re: CIRCUIT
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2021, 07:24:40 AM »
CIRCUIT THINGY
I donít think the  run jog switch will work for jog, it will stop just like pushing the stop push button. So what is the purpose of it?

Don

Hi All,

It's a circuit copied / derived from a commercially built VFD remote pendant.  ( Except the Speed Pot. wiring ).

I decided to make one of my own for the Myford S7  and fit it to it's industrial stand after removing the original control panel.

No Don, I came to the same conclusion as yourself when I saw it. On the original it's marked as Run/Jog so that's what I put .

Never needed to 'jog' the S7 anyway.    :thinking:    Got chuck keys for that.  ;)

Dave

Offline Lew Hartswick

• Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2021, 01:42:43 PM »
Functional but I would prefer the controls to be in the supply side rather than the ground side .
   ...lew...

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2021, 02:24:00 PM »
Functional but I would prefer the controls to be in the supply side rather than the ground side .
   ...lew...

I presume (?) the VFD expects those voltage levels ....  :headscratch:

Dave

EDIT A very cursory check suggests  the control lines sink the current to opto-couplers in the VFD...  :ThumbsUp:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 02:37:09 PM by Bluechip »

Offline Don1966

• Morgan City, LA (Along the Gulf Coast)
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2021, 04:10:12 PM »
I presume (?) the VFD expects those voltage levels ....  :headscratch:

Dave

EDIT A very cursory check suggests  the control lines sink the current to opto-couplers in the VFD...  :ThumbsUp:

You are correct Dave. I installed a VFD years ago on my Myford lathe if you remember. It has 24VDC control and you can source or sink the controls. A jumper on mine determine which to use. And Dave I donít need jog mode either.

Don

Edit Jo: to correct HTML codes
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 04:48:58 PM by Jo »