Supporting > Engine Ancillaries

Fuel Injection Systems Part 2

(1/29) > >>

Roger B:
My first fuel injection thread was getting a bit unwieldy so with some new thoughts I decided to start a new thread. The original is here https://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,4906.0.html

The first piece will be a new, smaller, helix controlled injection pump. The last run of the 2 stroke diesel showed significant damage due to overtravel/overshoot of the cam follower so I decided to reduce the size and weight of the various components. The first step was a Mod 0.4 rack and pinion in place of the earlier Mod 0.5 one. The rack is wide enough that the sliding motion can take place there so I can reduce the width (and weight) of the pinion.

The pump element is made much as before, the guide for the pinion is reduced from 5 to 4mm. The cylinder was drilled 1.85mm and reamed 1.95mm using a floating reamer holder. A 1.97mm pin gauge would just enter the start of the bore. The delivery valve seating is finished with a 4.5mm end mill rather than a 4mm one. This makes it easier to cut the M5 x 0.5 thread for the delivery valve body.

Admiral_dk:
Well I will still be following your progress, as I'm sure will a lot more here  :cheers:

Per

Don1966:
I will be with you also Roger!

Don

steamer:
Watching along!!!    Hope you have a 12 plunger unit coming along!   8)

90LX_Notch:
I will still be following along Roger.  This is great stuff.

-Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version