Engines > Your Own Design

Horizontal Air Cooled Engine

(1/45) > >>

Brian Rupnow:
Yesterday I finished designing a welding fixture for one of my old customers. Earlier this week I redesigned one of the cylinder heads for my opposed twin engine, seeing how I could relocate the sparkplug up near the top of the cylinder head. I don't really want to mess with a finished engine, so I decided to design a new engine to go with my redesigned cylinder head today. Of course this leads me right down the garden path, and seven or eight hours after I think of it, I've designed it. This engine will be air cooled, and will have two valves and a throttled carburetor. I've put a 2" diameter fan on it, and even designed a fancy fan shroud to support and guard the fan blades. I'm not sure when I will get around to building this one, but  winters coming and I will need something to do----

Brian Rupnow:
And a couple more views so you can see where this one is going---

Roger B:
There's always another idea to try  :)  :)  :)  :ThumbsUp: My list is still expanding  ::)

Admiral_dk:
Looks fine to me  :cheers:

Brian Rupnow:
Today I made the first part for this engine, the cylinder mounting plate. I used my new bandsaw, and what a wonderful bandsaw it is. It zipped thru the aluminum as if it was butter. This is the first part I have made using the new bandsaw, and all I can say is, I wish I'd bought it ten years ago!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version