Author Topic: N.S.W. 12 inch gauge steam railway now dead!  (Read 801 times)

Offline paul gough

• Tropical Queensland, Australia
N.S.W. 12 inch gauge steam railway now dead!
« on: October 08, 2021, 08:58:23 AM »
I was informed yesterday that the 12 inch gauge railway at Warnervale, New South Wales, Australia, is officially dead and the equipment will be dispersed. A sad end to a railway that has been going for nearly half a century and gave pleasure to countless thousands over the years. Adrian has put up a final short video to say farewell and will remove the site in the near future. Link to video below. Regards, Paul Gough.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq0lBeoIecc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq0lBeoIecc</a>

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
Re: N.S.W. 12 inch gauge steam railway now dead!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 11:30:51 AM »
Hi Paul, I’m sorry to hear about that.  Always sad when we loose another living reminder of times past.  Even though it is a long way from where you now live, that railway has meant a lot to you over the years.

I hope a good home can be found for those locomotives and the other equipment, so they can continue to give pleasure to many, where ever they end up.

MJM460

The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

Offline paul gough

• Tropical Queensland, Australia
Re: N.S.W. 12 inch gauge steam railway now dead!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 12:13:26 PM »
Hi MJM, I feel like I have just lost an old friend. My association with this railway started in about 1967 when it was in the Gosford Reptile Park, then moved to Warnervale when 25 acres was acquired to build the railway. Whilst I left the group and sold my engine, No. 19, in about 1980, I have kept contact and visited whenever possible. No more I'm afraid. Regards, Paul Gough.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal