Engines > Restoration of Model Engines

James Booth 1843 Rectilinear Engine - Orphan

(1/17) > >>

Jo:
Another one   :facepalm:   I don't know how he does it but today I was allowed to take a part set of orphaned Stuart Twin Victoria castings out of the house, with the instruction to exchange them for these  :noidea: :

As you can see a fair bit of machining has been done and then someone must have mentioned about the need to "age" castings :facepalm: Before my friend is allowed near them they will need that special coating removed  ::)

The James Booth 1843 Rectilinear engine is another of Anthony Mount's designs. This is Anthony's own engine:

And of course no drawings  :disappointed: but they were in EIM three decades back...

Jo

Jasonb:
I hope those GM castings are better than the ones I had which were full of oxides and the reason mine still sits part made though a bit further along than yours. I think this was one of Anthony's first offerings and at the time he supplied the castings direct.

One of his books has the drawings too.

Jo:
If the cylinder is gritty it can have a bronze liner added  ;)

Jo

crueby:
That is a great looking design, watching along!

Admiral_dk:

--- Quote --- The James Booth 1843 Rectilinear engine is another of Anthony Mount's designs. This is Anthony's own engine:
--- End quote ---

Is it just my imagination or might I actually have seen a full sized version in a museum somewhere on the British Isles ...?...  :noidea:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version