Author Topic: Buffalo steam engine model  (Read 7488 times)

Offline rarach22

Re: Buffalo steam engine model
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2021, 08:47:47 AM »
thank you, it looks like hot water in the tank where the temperature was high. I have to build it differently ..... I have to build another non-return valve and use a hose to suck in cold water  Pavel :ThumbsUp:

Offline john mills

Re: Buffalo steam engine model
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2021, 12:04:40 PM »
Hi
looking at your piping the over flow goes back to the water tank that would sone heat up the water i usually have only a short aver flow pipe
it need to have e free passage to let that initial expansion of steam as it leaves the steam nozzle out it needs to go some were out the over flow this sudden expansion is when the steam condenses slowing down but still at high speed into the combining cone creating a low pressure so the water rushes in and is carried though the combining cone  it needs to be the right volume to be able to continue condense the steam  .as it flows trough the delivery cone it increases pressure to go into the boiler.if the water is to hot it does not condense the steam
and it will stop or not work if it worked to start with it cannot be much wrong.i have made new cones for some 3/8"injectors recently just made what i thought the old cones were badly damaged or missing they all worked and over the full range full boiler pressure down to 20 or 30 psi. when they have stopped working they were blocked with leaves from the feed water .
John.