Author Topic: A new look at Opposed Twin i.c. Engine  (Read 5880 times)

Offline Craig DeShong

• Raleigh, NC. USA
Re: A new look at Opposed Twin i.c. Engine
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2021, 05:15:56 PM »
Wonderful Brian, it runs well !
Craig
The destination motivates us toward excellence, the journey entertains us, and along the way we meet so many interesting people.

Offline mikehinz

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2021, 05:17:40 PM »
Very nice Brian!  I think the engine runs wonderfully! 

Mike
MIke
Wichita, KS, USA

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2021, 01:08:04 AM »
Graham Vickery---Email me at brupnow@rogers.com  I've got your drawings but don't know your email to send them to.---Brian

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2021, 04:11:37 PM »
The first set of 60 .pdf drawings has been sent out to Graham Vickery. This is a fairly complex engine, and I expect Mr. Vickery to have a few questions which I will attempt to answer for him.  This engine is a bit more complex than what I usually send out, because it was first designed 5 or 6 years ago, then there were some design changes made about two years ago when I was trying out different cylinder heads, and then the final design changes this year when I made a much shorter base and added ball bearings to the crankshaft and camshaft. Of course the trick for me is to send out only drawings that refer to the current engine as it sets. Good luck Graham, may the force be with you!!!---Brian

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2021, 06:50:15 PM »
Today I was getting pretty bored with my self imposed "Do Nothingness", so I snuck down to my machine shop and made an "Air Intake Horn" for the carburetor. This really adds nothing to the performance of the engine, it just looks neat. Many years ago I actually bought one of these for a Sno-Jet snowmobile I owned, and was sucked in by the salesman who told me about the performance enhansing properties of such an item. It didn't do a damn thing for performance, but if you sat to close to the engine it would suck in your snowmobile suit and stall the engine.---But----It did look neat.

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2022, 08:53:28 PM »
Today we have a blizzard going on outside, and I wanted to add a throttle control to my twin cylinder engine. So, almost a full day later, I have added one of my Casey Jones throttle levers to it. The throttle lever has a couple of Belleville washers (spring washers)  down at the pivot point, and they provide enough friction to hold the throttle arm in place. this way the engine doesn't get away on me and rev up to the point where it's screaming and I'm having a heart attack trying to hit the ignition kill switch.<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vfq6FjRGs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vfq6FjRGs</a>
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 08:59:44 PM by Brian Rupnow »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal