Author Topic: The Le Rhone 9C  (Read 58791 times)

Offline bent

• Wet side of Washington State, USA
Re: The Le Rhone 9C
« Reply #645 on: December 01, 2022, 10:56:57 PM »
"Rats!", as our champion Snoopy would say.  Or, "Curses!  Foiled again!".  Or stronger,  ":censored:".

I had a bunch of ideas (compression, spark, fuel, is there enough oil on the cylinder walls, but not too much...), but not being there to help, I doubt any of my ideas are useful - I'm sure you've thought of all my thoughts and other things as well, and already checked and/or dismissed them.  As others said, let it sit awhile and do things that are more enjoyable, then go back in when you are ready and take another look, or build a drive belt setup like Per suggested for running it in.  I've been out of my workshop for far too long now, too busy at work putting out fires, or finding other things that need doing (or are more pleasurable to do), so certainly will not throw stones about pausing this build.

Regardless, there is no disappointment at the effort expended thus far, it's been a great ride!  Take care,

BenT

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
Re: The Le Rhone 9C
« Reply #646 on: December 02, 2022, 08:43:39 AM »
Hi Craig, I have enjoyed your build from the start and share your disappointment at the first run attempt.  However, if you imagined scenario had come about, I fear that it would not have ended happily.

I am in awe of your ability to design and build such a complex model so beautifully.  I do hope though that coming back after a break and some background thought you will be rewarded with success. 

I did hope that at least one cylinder would have given a few pops, so do wonder if there is a common element to all cylinders causing a problem, but you will get to your own analysis in due course.

Looking forward to the next of your amazing models.

MJM460
The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal