Author Topic: Badger Steam and Gas show  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
Badger Steam and Gas show
« on: August 23, 2021, 03:26:48 AM »
Hi folks,
This is the first show I've gone to in over a year. It was good to get out but sad to find that some of the regulars have had some serious health problems in the last year. Spoke to lots of people, had a very interesting family chat for 10-15 minutes with the teenage son videoing the conversation. I saw the most unique vehicle and would be remiss if I didn't pass on this truck to you.

Don't recognize the truck with out the front clip but the engine is chain driven to a gear box that turns the power 90 degrees to the original gearbox in the truck. It was in the Parade of Power mid-day Saturday. Never seen anything like it in my life and had to pass it on. I do have an 11 second video as it drove by if anyone is interested.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline internal_fire

• Punta Gorda, FL
Re: Badger Steam and Gas show
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 02:06:16 PM »
Google leads to a description as a 1949 Chevy. But the cab is from a Diamond Reo.

https://www.farmcollector.com/gas-engines/the-barn-rod-zm0z21julzbut/

Gene
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 02:09:23 PM by internal_fire »

Offline RReid

• Northern California
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 02:56:32 PM »
I do have an 11 second video as it drove by if anyone is interested.
That would be fun to see. With 5 HP at 350 rpm I can't imagine that it drove by very fast!
Regards,
Ron

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 05:51:42 PM »
That's quite the contraption. Thanks for sharing! How was the show generally - well attended?
Stuart

Forging ahead regardless.

Offline Johnmcc69

• Erie Pa., USA
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 07:20:09 PM »
Yes! Please post the video!
 Quite the interesting steam Hit-N-Miss Punk-Rat Rod!

John

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 08:34:46 PM »
I passed on that photo to some friends, one of them saw this at the Owls Head museum show recently, a Hit-And-Miss Go Kart!  I'm thinking some of the folks here need to build a fleet of these!  (and send me one! )

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 04:01:36 AM »
Hi all,
The show was well represented by folks with full soze tractors and hit and miss engines. In the miniature engine building there were 2 new people but 3 regulars that were missing. One had a stroke, another is now in a wheel chair and nobody's heard anything from the third. Here is the video of the Rat Rod truck it is happily put putting along it the Parade of Power.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmYbWIAnlt4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmYbWIAnlt4</a>
The featured brand this year was Rumley, so here are a few.

https://i.postimg.cc/W437WzSb/20210821_142511.jpg[/img]

I will try to add more when it's not late and I'm more alert.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline RReid

• Northern California
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2021, 03:39:48 PM »
Here is the video of the Rat Rod truck it is happily put putting along in the Parade of Power.
Thanks for that, Art, and the other pictures too. That truck is a fun way to use those rusting parts out behind the barn! (I sometimes wish I had an old barn with an "out behind".
Regards,
Ron

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 12:15:06 AM »
Hi all,
Ok here's a few more photos. I have to do at least one more Rumley, who knew whey made a truck?

Apparently The is one of the last Rumley tractors, they switched to gasoline from kerosene but a little to late.

This Haas was one of the first available post war and was sold for about 2 years and then slipped into oblivion.

Then there's the local one made in Wisconsin.

This Beast is a Garr Scott.

This is an A. B. Farquar

And the last non tractor is a Buckeye Trencher, Model 1 from 1915 And it's ready to lay tile in your field.

That's all folks...
Art

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 12:40:10 AM »
Great machines!  That Garr Scott doesn't look that big, till you see that tiny little driver way way back!

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 01:13:05 AM »
Brilliant - excellent pictures! Looks like a great event.
Stuart

Forging ahead regardless.

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2021, 03:33:33 AM »
Great machines!  That Garr Scott doesn't look that big, till you see that tiny little driver way way back!
Till you notice the three cleat rims on the rear tires!
Art
P.S.
I just realized I spelled Rumely incorrect every time I said it...mumble...mumble

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal