Author Topic: My build  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Peter Townsend

My build
« on: July 10, 2021, 06:40:48 AM »
Hi I am peter from south africa I am trying to complete a build of a 3.5 gauge filicitas steam loco which my dad started i 1958.I have got it to run on compressed air .I have the drawings but they are not complete so am making progress through help from the info i research .I have managed to make contact with a guy i the uk who has one and have found out that it could be the only one ever build it is a build from h w white .

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: My build
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 07:36:28 AM »
 :hi: Peter,

That sounds very interesting. Do you know who originally designed the Loco?

Early Loco plans rarely provided much (any) detail into the bodywork leaving it up to the builder to decide how much detail they wish to add.

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 07:39:40 AM »
Hi Peter, welcome to the forum.  You will find many like minded friendly folk here.

I do hope that you will start a build log of the completion of the engine so we can follow your journey.

MJM460

The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 07:47:28 PM »
Hi Peter,
Welcome to MEM.  Sounds like an interesting project!
Kim

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 01:27:04 AM »
Hi Peter, regarding uploading pictures, it helps if we know what operating you are using.  On Apple iPad, I find that if I use the attachment button under the text editing, Apple gives me the option of small, medium or large with the respective file sizes. 

The forum limit is 1 Mb per attachment, but in practice around 200 kB is quite satisfactory, and so preferred.  So select the appropriate size and select “use”.

If you are using Windows, you need to resize the pictures to about the same size range.

There are methods using external hosting that many members prefer in order to insert photos in the text, and you will get to know how to use these as you get more familiar with how the forum operates.

Hope this helps,

MJM460

The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal