Author Topic: A few useful items for sale  (Read 1151 times)

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
A few useful items for sale
« on: June 10, 2021, 11:21:08 PM »
I've seen other long standing members sell a few things here and there - so in the spirit of wanting to pass these on to a forum member at a significantly lower price than I will try and get on ebay, I am offering them here. Please PM me if interested in any of these. They are simply surplus items because I have obtained other tooling that works better for me.

Myford style quick change tool post - used. Asking $50 plus shipping.

A mix of quite old post and holders, and a few newer ones. All works well, has seen some use - I got these second hand myself. 3 boring bar type holders, 7 standard holders, 2 parting blade holders.

Quantity 4 Mighty Mount equipment levelling pads. Weight capacity 100 to 300 pounds each, with 3/8-16 adjustment bolt and nut. These have been used, but are in good condition. $40 for the set plus shipping.

Grizzly MT 3 quick change tool holder, with 15 collets. Hardly ever used. $200 plus shipping (retails for $365 plus shipping)

South Bend / Grizzly R8 quick change tool holder, with 15 collets. Also hardly ever used. $200 plus shipping. Retails for $360 plus shipping

Shoot me a PM if interested. I won't bump the thread, if there's no interest I'll just put them on fleabay, or try and find a local home.

They are heavy, so you should probably consider shipping to be around the 50 to 60 dollar mark for the heavy items. The mighty mounts are likely around $15. If interested in any of these, let me know and I can work out an accurate shipping cost.

Not against shipping internationally - but based on what I have experienced over the past year (3 wooly hats to my nephews cost me $60 to ship) I'd say there isn't likely much point going that route.
Cheers, hope I can help someone on the forum out.

Oh yes - paypal is good but you pay the fees, but will accept good old fashioned mailed checks if you like. I'm not in a big hurry, but would like to put the funds towards some other tooling that will be more useful to me. Like a lathe DRO.  ;D

Stuart

Forging ahead regardless.

Offline Ginger Nut

• Woolnwood
Re: A few useful items for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 12:58:04 AM »
Interested in the myford quick change what diam is the mounting hole?
Did you make alterations to your set up to fit?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 02:18:55 AM »
Very good. I will measure the hole diameter in the am. I have not modified the toolpost, all I did was make a custom T nut, bolt and locking handle. Not the best of items but they worked, and you are welcome to those as well. More info in the morning.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 02:30:26 AM by propforward »
Stuart

Offline Ginger Nut

• Woolnwood
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 02:21:38 AM »
Thanks. Sorry cant pm in Taptalk. Grrr.

Where are you located?

Ray

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 02:29:39 AM »
No probs! I’m in Minnesota.
Stuart

Offline Ginger Nut

• Woolnwood
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 02:30:59 AM »
I'll have to pass I'm in Qld.

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 02:34:45 AM »
Oh! Unfortunate. But understandable.
Stuart

Offline PJPickard

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 12:13:24 PM »
Interested in the Myford stuff, I have the post but if you don't want to separate I understand and would take it too. PM me. I'm in NJ.

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2021, 02:04:34 PM »
PM incoming.

In case that doesn't work out, and for anyone wondering, the ID of the toolpost is 0.442", verified with a minus gauge pin.
Stuart

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal