Supporting > Tooling & Machines

Small heat treat furnace or ceramics oven and toolpost grinder

(1/4) > >>

Brian Rupnow:
In my continuing quest of making my own piston rings, I need to buy two things----A small heat treat furnace or ceramic oven and a toolpost grinder. The heat treat oven can be very small, about 6 cubic inches would work for anything I need. the Toolpost grinder should fit a lathe with an AXA quick change toolpost. There is an interesting add for "Blackeagle toolpost grinders for AXA toolposts for about $250 USA dollars. It looks like it would work for me. My total working budget is only about $600 Canadian to buy both items. I would certainly buy "Used" as long as what I bought worked okay. If you have either item to sell, or know of someone who does, please email me at brupnow@rogers.com.

Brian Rupnow:
The world moves very quickly---I just ordered a new toolpost grinder and diamond dresser from Little Machine Shop in USA. It isn't a toolpost grinder even though that's what they call it. It mounts to the topslide. Now all I have to do is find a cheap solution to my heat treat furnace requirement.

Brian Rupnow:
I've just posted an add on my local buy and sell newspaper looking for a small, electric heat treat oven or ceramics oven 110volt or 220 volt. If you are in Ontario, Canada and have a used one to sell, please contact me.----Brian

Brian Rupnow:
I got a call this morning from a guy about 25 miles away who said that he had just what I wanted in a heat treat oven.---I drove up to Midland, and when I got there he was all pie faced---his son had taken the heat treat furnace and was using it in his shop. Oh well, it got me out of the house for a drive anyways.

AVTUR:
At least it had not been junked.

I think all our local buy and sell newspapers disappeared years ago, unfortunately.

AVTUR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version