Supporting > Boilers

Solid Fuel Tablet Sizes

(1/4) > >>

Johnmcc69:
I'm designing a burner tray for my "Dribbler" loco & was wondering if someone could give me the sizes of the "Solid Fuel" (Esbit, Meta", other) tablets that are available (Length, width, height).
A quick look at the Esbit website shows me 3 sizes available: 14, 5, & 4 grams, but no dim's/sizes.

John

propforward:
The Esbit 4g tablets measure 1/2" X 1/4" X 1-5/16"

I've also got some Mamod brand tablets that measure 7/8" DIA X 13/32" thick.

Give or take. This measurement was steel rule based. I didn't feel like breaking out my micrometer for this. :D

These are the only tablets I have on hand.

Johnmcc69:

--- Quote from: propforward on April 17, 2021, 05:37:44 PM ---The Esbit 4g tablets measure 1/2" X 1/4" X 1-5/16"

Give or take. This measurement was steel rule based. I didn't feel like breaking out my micrometer for this. :D

--- End quote ---

Aw nuts Stuart. I should have mentioned I need the METRIC version of the tablets. I'm designing it all in metric...waaaay to far ahead in my design to start over for the "imperial" size tablets.  :toilet_claw:

jOhN

(Thanks Stuart  :cheers: !)

crueby:
There are no metric vs imperial versions of the tablets. Stuart just used an inch ruler on his. Easy conversion to mm.

propforward:

--- Quote from: Johnmcc69 on April 17, 2021, 11:29:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: propforward on April 17, 2021, 05:37:44 PM ---The Esbit 4g tablets measure 1/2" X 1/4" X 1-5/16"

--- End quote ---

Aw nuts Stuart. I should have mentioned I need the METRIC version of the tablets. I'm designing it all in metric...waaaay to far ahead in my design to start over for the "imperial" size tablets.  :toilet_claw:

jOhN

(Thanks Stuart  :cheers: !)

--- End quote ---

Not a problem! I’ll make a holding fixture, and face mill each tablet to size!

:lolb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version