Author Topic: Elmer's Grasshopper  (Read 6298 times)

Offline RReid

• Northern California
Re: Elmer's Grasshopper
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2021, 12:18:33 AM »
Jim, Joe, and MJM460 - Thanks guys!
Regards,
Ron

Offline RReid

• Northern California
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2021, 03:00:51 PM »
I'd wanted to get those previous pictures posted because we were planning to be away for a bit, our first real post-vaccine outing.  After spending a maskless weekend staying with our daughter's kids (Yayy!) so she and son-in-law could have some time away (Yayy!), we took our little camp trailer over to the far side of the Sierra's for a few days camping (Yayy!). Beautiful area, we had a great time being “out” again, just got home yesterday. Here's a few off-topic shots from a side visit me made to the Nevada State Railroad Museum in Carson City.

Now to finish up the last few details on the Grasshopper and move on to the next project!
Regards,
Ron

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2021, 03:36:10 PM »
Oh, to have a shop like that third picture!  Enjoy your time out!

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2021, 05:12:31 PM »
Ron,
Sounds like you guys had a great time!  Glad you were able to get out.  Surprising how much a little outing like that can lift the Covid blues, eh? :)

Kim

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2021, 05:36:02 PM »
Just the few outings I've done with friends lately has helped a whole lot. Next weekend am up to Maine for the first event at the logging museum driving the gas Lombards, also stopping in the Boston Waterworks museum to see the big steam engines there. Really looking forward to it!

Offline RReid

• Northern California
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2021, 06:39:53 PM »
Surprising how much a little outing like that can lift the Covid blues, eh?
Absolutely! And to be able to have my 3 yr old grandson on my lap again to read him a book - Priceless!

Next weekend am up to Maine for the first event at the logging museum driving the gas Lombards, also stopping in the Boston Waterworks museum to see the big steam engines there. Really looking forward to it!
That sounds cool! Have a great time!
Regards,
Ron

Offline RReid

• Northern California
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2021, 05:54:57 PM »
I thought I would close out this build with one last video of the Grasshopper doing some totally useless work running the other two Elmer's engines. I like it best at the end as the pressure falls and it runs more slowly. I just wish that table wasn't such an effective sounding board, that knocking is really just a ticking, but I guess it highlights where I can do a little better next time!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1fBCVCm1k0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1fBCVCm1k0</a>
Regards,
Ron

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2021, 05:26:14 AM »
Awesome…… :Love:

:cheers:
Don

Offline RReid

• Northern California
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2021, 08:28:18 PM »
Thanks Don! I was just using your Spur Gear Calcs spreadsheet the other day, very handy. Thanks for that too! For my own use I added a cell to calculate center-center distance of two mating gears from the DP and tooth counts.
Regards,
Ron

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal