Author Topic: New Mills Pumping Station  (Read 56003 times)

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: New Mills Pumping Station
« Reply #420 on: September 15, 2022, 03:58:27 PM »
The engraving looks great!

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #421 on: September 15, 2022, 05:46:42 PM »
thanks Chris  , and with a bit of patination they should look more readable...
"W"

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #422 on: September 21, 2022, 01:57:57 AM »
So rework onthebase there are some cast on bolting face that have be replicated   these are bolted in place with countersunk screws that will then be filled..... also the covers on the nameplates are fitted the bolting holes were drilled in situ and to make the raised plate holes the clearance 10 BA size the covers are tapped through and the tap continues to the start of the thread and then turned a few more times to cut the clearance size with the enlarged tap dimension. as the plates are quite thin this works really wetland keeps the holes concentric ...

Willy

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #423 on: September 21, 2022, 06:19:40 PM »
Parts look really good Willy - nice to see progress  :ThumbsUp:   :cheers:

Per

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #424 on: September 23, 2022, 01:42:02 AM »
Thanks Per , and the bolting faces are attached and the next job is to mill out the slots for the bolts to attach the pump and the slide bars

Willy

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #425 on: September 28, 2022, 01:59:33 PM »
Hi All Just a quick reminder that the Forncett steam museum is having its Model engineers day this Sunday 2nd October. This was the last one with some of my models and my able assistant Clare !   Looking  forward to meeting up with all our colleages again.

Willy

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #426 on: September 29, 2022, 01:35:18 AM »
More work on the base with the slots cut out and the underside milled out. These slots are there to allow the air intake from the outside funnels to feed the compressors. I have just been having my house rewired and they have put in a new fusebox with modern RCD's...however when I plugged in my electric welder the RCD's just tripped as they are only 30 Milly-amp rated ..so no welding until I can sort something out ....

Willy

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #427 on: September 29, 2022, 11:18:02 AM »
You should be VERY Gratefull that they tripped as this means that Your Life was saved  :zap:  :zap:

Those 30mA is the Maximum Fault Current that is allowed to run through Your Heart as more is Very likely to Kill You !!!!!

Time to either Throw-Out that old welder or having a Qualified Tech repairing it ...!!!
As a new very good Multi-Welder can bebought for around €200 (today with the Current British state of affair) ~ £200 .... I doubt that keeping the old (unless simple repair) is justifiable ....

Clarification - those new (2022) Multi-Welders are extremely good @ welding Steel, Stainless-Steel. + They can weld other materials and even Aluminium (although Alu-Welds look horrible + lot of spatter).
They are called Multi-Welders as they can do Stick, MIG, MAG and TIG.

Per

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #428 on: September 29, 2022, 12:57:50 PM »
Hi Per Thanks for this and yes I will investigate further... I think there are 100 mA RCD's availably though ?? 
cheers
Willy

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #429 on: September 29, 2022, 10:29:13 PM »
Hi All, I have now got my welding back ..using thicker cable and the 40 amp cooker socket...it is still connected to the 30mA  RCD so should be ok ... and here are the inlet funnels for the fresh air to the compressor...

Willy

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #430 on: September 29, 2022, 10:58:23 PM »
Glad you got the electrics sorted and safe!   :zap:

The funnel looks like a very interesting shape to model!

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #431 on: September 29, 2022, 11:16:04 PM »
Glad you got the electrics sorted and safe!   :zap:

Couldn't agree more - good to hear Willy :ThumbsUp:

Per

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #432 on: October 01, 2022, 10:34:37 PM »
Thanks "C" &"P".   Off to Forncett steam museum on Sunday  and will take my camera as it is the  Model Engineers day.......

Willy

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #433 on: November 03, 2022, 10:49:01 PM »
Hi All , I am now back in the WKSP after a month off ..I have been very busy being the editor of the local Norfolk Organic Magazine .
Also my lathe has been out of action ..waiting to get a new Dewhurst forward reverse switch ...I did get one at the Midlands show so all is well now. Also now the clocks have gone back I am having less time in the evenings on the allotment . I displayed some of my models at the Lomax exhibition ,but was not present ..My electrics are now working and I have also had a new boiler installed ..so all ready for the winter......Watch this space.....

Willy

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #434 on: November 03, 2022, 11:02:41 PM »
Glad you're back, looking forward to seeing more on your build!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal