Engines > Your Own Design

New Mills Pumping Station

(1/115) > >>

steam guy willy:
Hi All ,I am now starting on a new build which is the machinery inside the New Mills Pumping station that is here in Norwich about 500 yards from my house. This pumping station used the river water turbine to pump air into the sewerage system to activate  the " Shone Pnewmatic ejectors "to move the sewerage around the city to the sewerage works situated further down the river. Here are photos old and new of the buildings and the equipment installed from 1898 to the present day.

Willy

steam guy willy:
here are more pics and thanks to Crewby for supplying me with the info from the US about the turbines

Willy

steam guy willy:
A model of this was started by someone else about 20 years ago and this is how far they got . However this would be a very large model so I am starting again to make it half size !! The turbine parts are quite involved and all the numerous curved parts need to be the same so I will have tomato a press tool or some thing ...on the previous model there was a fibreglass attempt and also a hand beaten aluminium attempt ?!!  a few more pics

Willy

crueby:
Looks like a wonderful project!  Off to get more popcorn now...    :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

steam guy willy:
Hi Chris , yes and I am going to find this quite challenging  but I am sure it will all come together ...I will have to find a  Flypress though !!!  and thanks for all that info about Stilwell and Pierce Fascinating !! 

Willy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version