The Showcase > Vehicles & Models

A first live steam loco

(1/4) > >>

RReid:
I'm a new forum member and at the urging of those who've welcomed me I thought I'd post a few pics of my first crack at building a small live steam locomotive. This was completed about a year ago. I worked from Mr. Dave Watkin's plans for his Wild Rose III.  This is a 16mm/ft scale model of a British 2 foot narrow gauge quarry locomotive. The drawings are publicly available at the 16mm.org.uk website and are very good; complete, clear, and without errors.

I followed Mr. Watkin's drawings pretty faithfully for the chassis and all the steaming and running gear. Where I deviated was in building the cab, tank, details, etc. to 3/8" scale (1:32) and to resemble the early logging locos built by Baldwin and others. To my knowledge none of those were built with outside frames, but I figure since it was a time of experimentation and make-do equipment, someone might have! At this scale the 32mm (O gauge) track corresponds to a full size gauge of 3ft 4in.

crueby:
Thats a great looking loco, I like the proportions. Is there a control for the reverse, or do you just roll the engine back so the drive pin moves around to the other stop?

Bearcar1:
Say now, that is a pretty slick little garden loco. I like the design changes you made.  :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

BC1
Jim

rklopp:
Alcohol version, I presume? How does it run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kim:
Very cool!  And you've got an elevated track running around your yard? That's really neat!
Kim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version