Author Topic: Chris's Mann Steam Wagon Complete  (Read 6228 times)

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Chris's Mann Steam Wagon Complete
« on: February 17, 2021, 01:14:52 PM »
Hi everyone,

Except for waiting for spring weather to get it outside and steam it up, the Mann Patent Steam Wagon is complete! Here are a set of pictures of it plus the video of it running on compressed air as seen over in the build log thread. Its been quite a fun journey on this one, and I'd like to thank everyone who followed along, and especially those that assisted with advice/tips/encourangement along the way!
Chris

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghINqgpNeBk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghINqgpNeBk</a>

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 02:43:23 PM by crueby »

Offline cnr6400

Re: Chris's Mann Steam Wagon Complete
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 02:22:23 PM »
 :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :AllHailTheKing:
"I've cut that stock three times, and it's still too short!"

Offline tghs

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 02:37:55 PM »
good looking beauty shots,, the dark background ones look great :cheers:.. a black backdrop cloth could work really well..
what the @#&% over

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 02:44:51 PM »
good looking beauty shots,, the dark background ones look great :cheers: .. a black backdrop cloth could work really well..
Those were taken with the model on a table that sits near the archway into the back room, at night with the lights back there left off. Gives a nice background. In the summer, I've done the same thing out in the garage, thats how I took the shot of my avatar sculpture, with the horse lit up and the background being the front yard (had to pick a day when the neighbor across the street had his lights off! )

Offline ShopShoe

• Central Iowa, Central USA
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 04:58:08 PM »
Congratulations on another wonderful vehicle. I really like the paint and lettering. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can see the outdoors running vehicle.

ShopShoe

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 06:33:54 PM »
Beautiful Model, Chris!  Another huge, involved project under your belt.  You should feel really good about this one.  It runs well and is really nice looking.

Congratulations, Chris!
Kim

Offline gbritnell

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 07:51:05 PM »
Hi Chris,
Yet another spectacular build! I really like how this one came out, the colors, lettering etc.
gbritnelo
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 09:44:12 PM »
Hi Chris, another wonderful result.  It has been great to follow, and wonderful to see it performing so well.

I like especially that you have finished it all so completely, right down to the sign writing.

Congratulations

MJM460

The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

Offline BAH

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 11:02:39 PM »
Awesome work, looks great.
Followed all of your builds, you do amazing work. Looking forward to the steam run

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 11:22:15 PM »
More really fabulous work.  You should be elevated to the status of a national treasure. 

Get the Craftsmanship Museum to finance a west coast tour of your projects (including the carvings) so I (and a bunch of drooling hobbyists I know) can come and light incense, kowtow, and prostrate ourselves before your person.  Well, maybe that's a bit over the top but we'd pour lots of beer into the sacred chalices.

Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 11:49:45 PM »
More really fabulous work.  You should be elevated to the status of a national treasure. 

Get the Craftsmanship Museum to finance a west coast tour of your projects (including the carvings) so I (and a bunch of drooling hobbyists I know) can come and light incense, kowtow, and prostrate ourselves before your person.  Well, maybe that's a bit over the top but we'd pour lots of beer into the sacred chalices.
It might be easier to pack you guys into a big crate with kegs of beer for an east coast visit!!  :cheers:

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2021, 11:51:00 PM »
Many thanks everyone, much appreciated!

Chris

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2021, 12:08:01 AM »

It might be easier to pack you guys into a big crate with kegs of beer for an east coast visit!!  :cheers:

Chuckle.

I grew up back there.  I've walked and fallen and slipped in snow.  I spent four miserable years in Boston getting an education.  I've smelled the East.  I've been robbed there.  I've skidded on ice there. 

There isn't the remotest chance in hell I'll ever go there again except maybe to get off the plane, empty my bladder, and continue to the few remaining civilized parts of the world.  Kalifornia may be a liberal hellhole but it's got warmth,  good wine, and winsome beauties on the beach volleyball courts.

Now ask me how I really feel.
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2021, 01:03:07 AM »

Chuckle.

I grew up back there.  I've walked and fallen and slipped in snow.  I spent four miserable years in Boston getting an education.  I've smelled the East.  I've been robbed there.  I've skidded on ice there. 

There isn't the remotest chance in hell I'll ever go there again except maybe to get off the plane, empty my bladder, and continue to the few remaining civilized parts of the world.  Kalifornia may be a liberal hellhole but it's got warmth,  good wine, and winsome beauties on the beach volleyball courts.

Now ask me how I really feel.

:Lol:

Sounds like you want to move up near Brian Rupnow in the great white north!   :Jester:

Having grown up here in the northeast I am so used to the snowy winter that not having it would be weird. We only get 90 to 150 inches of snow a year, a mere dusting.  :lolb:   At least no earthquakes, firestorms, mudslides, tornadoes, and lots of lakes, creeks, hills. I'd never like being in a big city area, though they are fun to visit.

:cheers:

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2021, 01:26:17 AM »
Chris--Ya done good.--In fact, you done very, very good. I have followed your build from day one, and I am impressed. Congratulations of  the highest order. And I've been to California.---I liked it very much. California was everything I had ever read about it or heard about it. Having spent 74 years here in the great white north, the entire state of California was kind of like a trip to the magic kingdom. I don't think I would want to live there, but it surely is a great place to visit.---Brian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal