Author Topic: iGaging Absolute DRO  (Read 1234 times)

Offline TerryWerm

• Jordan, MN - 6147 nice folks and one grouch!
iGaging Absolute DRO
« on: February 14, 2021, 06:16:52 PM »
Is anyone else here using the "AbsoluteDRO" that was sold by iGaging back about 6 or 7 years ago?  There was a newer version called "AbsoluteDRO Plus" that replaced it. The newer version is the one that is compatible with the TouchDRO application that runs on Android phones and tablets.

The reason I ask is because I was recently involved with a project to decode the communication protocols used by the older version. We were successful in our efforts and a system is now available to couple the older 'AbsoluteDRO" scales to a device running the TouchDRO app.

I must state that we are NOT selling anything! The scales need to connect to an Arduino which then translates the data from the scales and then sends it by Bluetooth to the TouchDRO app. We are providing the plans for the Arduino adapter as well as the small program that runs the Arduino for free. The only costs involved are to construct the adapter board which allows the AbsoluteDRO scales to connect to the Arduino, which you must do yourself. Beyond that, you would need an Arduino and an Android device. We do not sell any components, but we do have a list of places where interested individuals can purchase the necessary items. We have no interest in any of the companies that sell those components. The TouchDRO app is also available free of charge.

For anyone interested in further details, everything you need is available here:  http://www.terrywerm.com/tdro_main.htm

We also have a support group set up on Google groups in case someone has trouble while building their adapter board. Access to it is listed on the site above.

----------------------------
Terry
Making chips when I can!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal