Supporting > My Workshop

needed to clear a space!!!

<< < (5/6) > >>

tghs:
took apart the compound slide this morning, with a little bit of work reduced any backlash to near zero. will be getting the brass gibs when they are back in stock.. for now the tweaks are done..  chucked up scrap plastic and played for a bit.. slim now believes he should have president's day off..

crueby:
I didn't think Slim had the 'guts' to ask for time off!   :lolb:

Always exciting to get a major new tool in the shop, do you know what its first official part to make will be?

cnr6400:
Great looking ship models!

Speaking about whaleback style ships, has anyone built a model of the great lakes whaleback grain/coal carriers? hey were common from 1890's to 1920's I believe. There is a full size one preserved at Duluth Mn as I understand it. Always been interested in them. I think the theory was that in heavy weather on the great lakes they would shed water coming over the decks to reduce risk of capsizing. Several did wreck anyway though, so not a perfect theory I guess. The power of great lakes weather should not be underestimated, especially on Superior.

tghs:
hopefully some pump parts today,, yes I have seen several great lakes whaleback freighter models,, kind of like building a civil war monitor, almost sunk to start with..

tghs:
official,, chips on the new lathe :cartwheel:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version