The Showcase > Vehicles & Models

Heavy Metal or Petrol Powered Panzer

(1/5) > >>

Vixen:
During last summer's virtual model show, I provided a virtual table display to exhibit the two I/C engine powered tanks which I built some years ago. It was suggested at the time that members might welcome more content describing how they were designed and how they were built. Things are rather quite on the forum at the moment, so now may be a good time to start.

I have built two I/C engine powered tanks. The first, is 1/6 scale working model of a turret-less reconnaissance tank based on the American M5 Stuart light tank, which was also known as the 'Honey'. It got that name because it was a joy to drive, a little  'Honey', due to it's light weight and powerful aircraft radial engine.

The second  is also a turret-less tank, or more exactly, a self propelled gun. it is an all metal, 1/6 scale working model of the German  Sturmgeschütz III , more commonly called the StuG 111. The StuG 111 started out as a mobile assault gun to support the front line infantry troops. It was later up-gunned with a long barreled 75mm high velocity cannon and became a formidable anti-tank weapon.

Both model tanks were fitted with a variety of I/C engines during there development. Both tanks also featured transmission and steering systems developed from the designs of Iliya Cerjak, a brilliant young Dutch designer. I propose to present how each tank, it's engines and transmission systems were created and then developed.

I will start this series of posts with the M5 Stuart recon tank and later (if there is enough interest) I will do the same for the StuG111

Stay in and stay safe

Mike

crueby:
Very nice models, looking forward to seeing how you made them!

Dave Otto:
Beautiful models Mike!
Your talent never ceases to amaze me.

Dave

Bear:
Awesome.

Kim:
Beautiful models, Mike!
I'm looking forward to seeing more about the building process!
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Kim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version