Supporting > Additive Machining

New 3D Printer

(1/2) > >>

maury:
Folks, after several years of being on the fence about getting a 3d printer I finally pulled the trigger. I have a friend who has a Ender 5 that he is happy with, so not knowing anything about 3D printing, I chose that one. I have to say the workmanship and functionality is top notch. It has a nice print envelope, although i have already found a project I want to do that won't fit. It took a couple of hours to assemble, and came up working first try. The learning curve went quickly too. My first print was an owl which came with the printer as an .STL file.
I used the CURA slicer, which, after being used to Solidworks and BobCam software, I found to be a bit akward and cheesy. But its also free and after learning how to use it, I find it to be more or less exactly what is needed.

maury

maury:
So, one of the things I have been wanting in my shop is a flashlight holder. While assembling some of my projects I find I need 3 hands, one for a light.
I designed this holder in Solidworks based on a similar project a friend has printed to hold his iPhone. The base and post are brass.
maury

cnr6400:
Nice one Maury!  :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

Pete49:
Can't go wrong with the Ender. I have the 3 V2 and love the almost silence, the cooling fan being the only noise. Enjoy you new life as a hobby machinist nerd  :lolb:

JC54:
I have also now got an Ender 5 Plus. so much better than my old "cheap as chips". Have fun now that you have come down the "rabbit hole".   :old: :DrinkPint: :DrinkPint: John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version