Help! > Machines, Tools and Fixtures

Source for Chinese tooling?

(1/6) > >>

TGD:
Iím back to model engineering after about a 30 year break. I had a lot of stuff but family came, jobs changed and house moves occurred .etc, ... everything was gone practically. Now with Covid restrictions etc, I bought a Chinese mini lathe on impulse from Amadeal and am anxious to get going but I need to buy a lot of tooling and supplies.
Any recommendations for a single Aliexpress store or other such source from where I might get everything in one order?

Roger B:
It depends on the risks you want to take against price. Someone like ARC in the UK makes reasonably sure of the quality and offers after sales service. CTC tooling in Hong Kong is intermediate and most of the Aliexpress/Banggood you get what you get.

samc88:
Ive also got an amadeal mini lathe. Most of the tools Ive bought are from ARC and RDG tools, both great companies to deal with. Ive recently upgraded my lathe to taper roller bearings which has made quite a difference to usability (But then mine gets abused a bit with jobs that are a bt too big for it really)

Jo:

--- Quote from: TGD on December 16, 2020, 03:00:36 PM ---Any recommendations for a single Aliexpress store or other such source from where I might get everything in one order?

--- End quote ---

I would check on what value import duties kick in: in the UK anything over £17 attracts a £12 tax collection fee from the Royal mail which is why it is better to  place lots of small orders.

Jo

Caber:
Jo, new rules as if BREXIT is they have removed small order exemption so standby for £18 minimum charges for any import no matter what value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version