Author Topic: RCM machines  (Read 915 times)

Offline tghs

RCM machines
« on: December 16, 2020, 03:00:34 PM »
has anyone delt with this outfit,, they have a new 12m x 1 er16 collet chuck at a good price,, the standard unimat db/sl version is kind of a unobtainium part,, few offered prices crazy..
https://www.rcm-machines.com/en/
what the @#&% over

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
Re: RCM machines
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 04:51:28 PM »
I use them quite a lot. They make some items themselves and others are Chinese imports. I have had few complaints but too cheap may mean too low quality.
Best regards

Roger

Offline tghs

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 06:17:12 PM »
this looks like one they are making or modifying,, not a give away price,, most likely better than one I tried making a while back..
what the @#&% over

Offline Allen Smithee

• Mordor, Middle Earth
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 11:18:56 AM »
I bought their similar Myford ER32 chuck a few years ago, and it had ~3thou of runout. I contacted them and they sent a second one - the replacement has ~7thou or runout. They issued a refund and told me to keep the chucks which I sometimes use on less critical setups where the concentricity isn't important because the job won't leave the collet before parting.

I ended up getting the RDG 2-part ER32 chuck system because it allowed me to turn the spigot for the rebate in situ. Even that one has around half a thou of concentricity error between the rebate and the collet seating, but that's near enough for anything I do at the moment.

€0.0007 supplied,

AS
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum sonatur

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal