Supporting > Engine Ancillaries

Ignition module

(1/5) > >>

Tonyr:
Hello,
A couple of months ago on Vixens, seal engine post I mentioned I was planning to use the rcexl ignition on my Austin engine. Roger B posted regarding the advance curve in the rcexl ignition.
The curve says the is maximum advance 24 degrees below 400 rpm.
I wasn’t aware of this and thought it could lead to problems.
I was idly looking on the Internet and came across this module on eBay.
See photo, my Chinese isn’t very good.
I emailed the guy and he was very helpful and quick to get back to me.
He said that there is no advance curve in the ignition.
I thought I would give it a try.
It came in less than 2 weeks.
I have rigged it up to a battery in it seems work ok.
At £21 for the complete system or £18 without the hall transistor and power plug, it is worth a look.
Tony

Vixen:
Hello Tony

Can you please give a link or the full description for the ignition module. As you say, it looks interesting.

Mike

Vixen:
Hello Tony

The photo image is not too clear on my PC. Does the label say 15KV at 6 volts and 20 kv at 10 volts?
That would be useful as it's always a good idea to keep the HT as low as possible to prevent arc over and other problems.

Mike

Tonyr:
Hello Mike,

Yes it says, In 6 to 10 volts.
Out 15KV to 20 KV
I don’t know if that is relative to the input, I suppose it depends on cylinder pressure and spark gap.
The eBay description is 6 - 10 volt CDI igniter coil.
There is very little info regarding its operation.
I have had it making a spark across a spark plug.
The guy replied to my emails quickly, maybe ask.
I can post a different picture if it helps, I reduced it  size to keep the Size down.

Tony

Vixen:
Hello Tony

Thanks, I found it on e-bay along, with lots more interesting engines and things.

On the side of the ignition module it also say 0-12,000 r/min which would be a rev limit of 3,000 RPM for a four cylinder engine. That may (or may not) be 6,000 RPM on a four stroke engine.
Will that be enough for your little Austin engine?

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version