Author Topic: Speedy Metals  (Read 2437 times)

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
Speedy Metals
« on: November 24, 2014, 11:58:17 PM »
Just got the following email...

We couldn't limit ourselves to just one day!
Our Black Friday savings last from Friday, November 28th through Monday, December 1st!
Use Coupon code BF1410 to get 10% off all web orders OR use Coupon code BF1415 to get 15% off all web orders over $100
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
Re: Speedy Metals
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:14:18 PM »
Why is it that anytime I receive an order from Speedy or Online Metals, it always arrives 1 day BEFORE  they announce a sale? This past week's order (Durabar CI, bronze and stainless) is a case in point.
Best,
Stan

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 06:28:56 PM »
I believe that is Sod's Law, as formulated by Sir Joshua Sod in the late 18th Century  :)
Best regards

Roger

Offline Mosey

• Rosemont, New Jersey, USA
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 06:53:42 PM »
That explains why I buy from Amazon Supply or Zoro so I can sometimes get the best going price of the day for my miniscule purchases. The shipping charges from Speedy Metals or Metals by Mail drive the cost out of reason.
I bought a $10.00 piece of bronze and paid $4.00 in shipping, which I feel is acceptable.
Mosey

Offline Nerdz

• CT, USA
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 10:35:06 PM »
/rant/ I live in CT, and onlinemetals just opened up a shop about 20 minutes away. I still have to pay crazy shipping. Picking it up isnt possible, Im not out of work by time they close. /end rant/
-Chris

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:50:49 AM »
Their shipping does get outrageous at times. When it does I refuse to order from them. I'm sure they don't care but if enough of us do it they will start to listen. For me at least, it takes a sizeable order for the shipping to become reasonable and sometimes I just don't need that much metal.

Bill

Offline dieselpilot

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 01:12:14 AM »
They used to be very cheap on shipping years ago, like guaranteed loss on shipping cheap. I once ordered a 6 foot length of 1/2" hex AL that shipped for $6.00 UPS. The surcharge for the length would have been more than $6. Now, it's $15 minimum it seems. On top of that they still haven't figured out how to not charge tax on shipping to IL customers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal