Author Topic: Grizzly Mill problem  (Read 24250 times)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Grizzly Mill problem
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »
That's good news Don. I am betting they just replaced the head. Without the production facilities at the factory in China, I would think it far cheaper to replace than to repair. Either way I hope they do you right and that you will end up with a far better head for the mill.

Bill

Offline philjoe5

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2014, 10:11:14 PM »
I'll be interested to hear how this plays (pun intended) out.   :popcorn:

Good luck Don

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline Mosey

• Rosemont, New Jersey, USA
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2014, 11:26:46 PM »
Good on ya, Don! You deserve a first class machine.
Think of the pressure to make more engines you are going to be under, laughing.
Ask me how I know.
Mosey   :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2014, 09:50:32 PM »
Another update, I received my mill head today and reinstalled it. Ran a DTI on the spindle with it fully extended and the DTI clamped to the mill head and got ."010" movement. I think they just freighted it back to me and did nothing. The test was pushing it back and pulling it forward not very complicated. I am so disgusted I sent the tech another email asking what they would do about it. I will let you know his response but I am pretty sure what he will say.

Don

Online sco

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
That stinks Don - if they have really just shipped it back without doing anything it wants shouting from the roof tops.

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2014, 10:46:10 PM »
Darn, sorry to hear that Don!!  And I thought maybe some of these recent complaints had gotten through to them...apparently not  :( The bad press amongst the various forums will be far costlier to them that fixing or replacing what they should have in the first place.  I will await their final word both to you and Cletus (Eric) but I have all but written them off at this point. The saddest part is that they apparently don't care!!

Bill

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2014, 10:50:07 PM »
I truly hope that is not the case!
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Jim K 324

• Morgan Ciy, La. ( On the Atchafalaya River)
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2014, 12:53:04 AM »

Well  Don they did exactly what I thought they would do , that's why I said to mark
           that head  to see if they would send the same one back, they  did not do a crapping thing
          to it . I know how disgusted you are. Sorry buddy!! Take care on the sea trials tomorrow.
It's not what you make,It's how you make it that
matters !!

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2014, 08:18:11 PM »
New update and I recieved an email from tech support. He said that the spindle was the only thing address and parts were replaced in it, but didn't touch the Quill. I had told them the spindle was good. He apologized for the miss instructions and is issueing a new work order with the proper instructions to address.
Man what kind of facility do these people have. You report a problem and they don't check it out completely, so much for quality control.
I will let you know more as it progresses.

Don

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2014, 08:24:13 PM »
My brother, I'm feeling your pain in more ways than one. So far, I'll have to say, they are trying to make it right for us, whether we think they are going about it in the right way is up to question. I think it's mainly a employee communication thing, ask me how I know, PM SENT.

E

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2014, 08:57:07 PM »
I hope they are paying for all this shipping Don!! Man what a soap opera. I still hope they will make it right somehow, but the frustration at this point has to be unbearable for you and Eric both.

Bill

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2014, 10:27:55 PM »
Speechless!
BTW I have never received a response to my email re: Eric and Don from either tech support or Balolia. Not even a boilerplate "we got your email" email.
Best,
Stan

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines, ON
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2014, 02:49:27 PM »
I suspect this is more fundamental than lack of QC, namely lack of reading comprehension. I am having the same problem here with a condo. The mgr doesn't actually read our complaint, just goes off on some much-easier-for-them tangent and thus completely misses the point of the complaint altogether.
It is almost as if you need to give them the detailed 'this is what you need to do to test and fix it' list.

Gerrit
New update and I recieved an email from tech support. He said that the spindle was the only thing address and parts were replaced in it, but didn't touch the Quill. I had told them the spindle was good. He apologized for the miss instructions and is issueing a new work order with the proper instructions to address.
Man what kind of facility do these people have. You report a problem and they don't check it out completely, so much for quality control.
I will let you know more as it progresses.

Don
Don't confuse activity with progress

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2014, 12:47:04 AM »
Another update I recieved an email from grizzly that the mill head is being shipped. UPS. Called me to make arrangements to drop package off Monday.  :whoohoo: Don't know what to expect but glad to have my mill head returned. I will let you know more when it arrives.
And Bill yes they paid for all the freight.

Don

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2014, 12:52:49 AM »
That is good news ( I hope) Don.  Let's just hope they looked at it this time and even better, fixed the problem...or returned a new head as a replacement.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal