Author Topic: Sear & Roebuck Scroll Saw Refurbish  (Read 962 times)

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
Sear & Roebuck Scroll Saw Refurbish
« on: October 08, 2020, 04:39:17 AM »
I bought this Scroll Saw for $40. Its a 1947 Sears & Roebuck Scroll Saw. The motor was missing sa was the mounting base was also missing. So had to fab those to mount the motor. The cost  of a motor, motor pulley and belt  added to it. This is a sold saw with a table and quick release thumb screws for removal. I will also use the stand for my Jointer planer also to save room in the show. i will store it under the scroll saw. Some photos of before and after. I will continue photos on another reply.

Don

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
Re: Sear & Roebuck Scroll Saw Refurbish
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 04:43:20 AM »
Continue the photos.

Offline tghs

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 10:56:09 AM »
I have the same saw, with an original motor, it's all boxed in the garage because I stole the welded angle iron stand for my mill.. being a heavy built saw it ran well but really needed variable speed....
what the @#&% over

Offline tghs

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 01:40:24 PM »
mods to scroll/jig saw stand.. the shay's lounge adjustable top,, hard to do with a belt driven saw,
what the @#&% over

Offline cnr6400

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 03:20:58 PM »
That adjustable top is great Don. Was that done for better visibility while cutting, or better sawdust clearance, or other reasons? The cavity below the tabletop is probably handy for blade and attachment storage too. Great idea!   :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:
"I've cut that stock three times, and it's still too short!"

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 05:59:06 AM »
Very nice work on the scroll saw, Don!

thgs, I have that same Dremel scroll saw!  It's served me well for many years!  It's seen a lot of use on wood, and quite a bit on metal too :)  Though mine doesn't have nearly as nice a base as yours or Don's!

Kim

Offline nj111

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 01:11:08 PM »
That was well worth restoring, I like to see older machines given a new lease of life.  It will be around for many years to come!
Nick

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal