Author Topic: Video of 6 HP Marshall & 12 inch gauge  (Read 788 times)

Offline paul gough

• Tropical Queensland, Australia
Video of 6 HP Marshall & 12 inch gauge
« on: September 27, 2020, 08:01:58 AM »
Here are some of Ade's, (driver/owner of loco No.24), youtube videos showing two of the six 12 inch gauge locos and a 6 HP Marshall portable. Loco No.12 is nearing completion of overhaul and has just had it's new 150 psi boiler passed by the inspector, so expect Ade will put up a video when things are done. One day I hope Len, (firing the portable) will steam No. 19, (my old engine), if not I suppose I'll have to make the 3000klm journey down to New South Wales and steam her up for the camera, but not while its still under 25 degrees C. Hope someone enjoys these larger sized items. By way of history, this little railway was built in the early to mid seventies by a boilerman Arthur, (deceased), two fitters,(Ade and myself), and a clerk, Ron,(deceased). We just sunk all our wages into it for years, but now you would need four millionaires, or almost so. It all started back in the mid sixties when we used to run the train with No 12 & 43 at Reptile Park in Gosford, about 50 miles north of Sydney. We transitioned to 25 acres about 1/2 hour North and built the railway, except for the earthworks, all by hand. Thousands of hardwood sleepers drilled with a hand brace before we got a generator on the flat truck for an electic drill. About 15 years ago concrete ones and now plastic is being used to replace the last of the wooden ones. I could not put one sleeper in nowdays, too decrepit. Insurance and hefty inspection certification basically shut down public running a decade or so ago.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwubvjFfiTqIc4Jl235jqHQ
Regards, Paul Gough.

Regards, Paul Gough.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 08:09:38 AM by paul gough »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal