Author Topic: Still can't seem to upload photos  (Read 24484 times)

Offline tel

• Bathurst District, NSW, Oz.
Re: Still can't seem to upload photos
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 07:06:08 PM »
It's working OK this end

The older I get, the better I was.
Lacerta es reptiles quisnam mos non exsisto accuso nusquam

Offline Raggle

• Newtown, Montgomery, Powys mid-Wales
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 07:07:51 PM »
I think there are browser compatibility problems. The dark grey is supposed to allow a new white box with your chosen next step. White boxes didn't appear in Opera which is why I tried Chrome.

Tel  -  all I got was a little place marker for a graphic  -  right clicked on it and it gave me theoption to open image in a new tab, where I saw your wondrous pic

Ray
All we're trying to do is combine a fuel and an oxidant in the combustion chamber and burn it in the hope of getting some useful thrust out of the back end. It's not rocket science.

Offline Raggle

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »
haha  -  I got a bridge before you cured it

Ray
All we're trying to do is combine a fuel and an oxidant in the combustion chamber and burn it in the hope of getting some useful thrust out of the back end. It's not rocket science.

Offline tel

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2012, 07:14:41 PM »
You saw the bridge Ray? That was from Flickr, but I couldn't see it this end so I dumped it???

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »
PB seems OK to me

Offline Raggle

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 07:22:32 PM »
So how do I get rid of the link above the photo? I think I just copied the last option in "old" PB

Ray

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2012, 07:25:19 PM »
Thats all I did.

you don't actually need to highlight it and the right click to copy, just left click teh IMG code and it will flash up "copied" then just paste it here

Offline tel

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2012, 07:30:59 PM »
beat me to it Jason

Offline Bezalel

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:21 AM »

I really feel for the new guys to computing    :atcomputer: :shrug: :atcomputer:

It seems, to them, to be a box of hidden magic.   :killcomputer: :killcomputer: :killcomputer: :killcomputer:

I've compiled a a "how to" that hopefully will help them out 
in hints and tips / software.

Photos in your thread from PhotoBucket

Comments and improvement suggestions are most welcome.

Bez
Queensland - wet one day, humid the next

Offline sparkplug

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »
Hi. Bez.
           Thanks for the tutorial.    Went back to PB via explorer, rather than the PB desktop which I downloaded.    Got into PB, the file I'd downloaded from facebook had gone.    Went to download and again the browse files tap didn't open.    Downloaded the PB desktop again, which had to repair some previous files, went back to browse files, still no joy.    Tried to open PB via PB desktop and got the same as yesterday ie. To run this application install one of the following versions of NET Frame works V4.0.300319.
       I think it might be easier if I gave my ME forum user name and you could all go and view my photos there. 

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »
Sparkplug, if you have an album on ME site goto my photos, open the album, click the thumbnail of the photo you want and then when the larger image comes up right click it. You will get a drop down menu from that select properties at the bottom, this opens another window which will give the url address of the picture.

Drag the mouse over the url while holding down the left button, make sure you get it all as its usually on 3 lines, then when all is highlighted right click and select copy.

Back on this forum type [*img]past url here[*/img] just omit the *

Her is one that is hosted on ME site

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:58:19 AM by Jasonb »

Offline sparkplug

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2012, 05:31:27 PM »
Right jason here goes.    I couldn't get the URL to highlight by dragging the mouse across it, so copied it long hand.     If this comes through it will hopefully be a photo of my small yet cosy workshop.
     Next question, why can't I type the URL address in the Attach window, even with the cursor flashing.    In the mean time I'll see if I can find the service revolver I've been keeping for an occasion like this

Offline tel

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 05:36:24 PM »
It won't highlight by dragging the mouse, or  even an elephant, across it - just CLICK ON IT!

Offline sparkplug

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2012, 05:42:36 PM »
If you read jason's post he says drag the mouse across while holding down the left key.    Only doing what people tell me to do

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 05:46:23 PM »
Tel we are now talking about getting images that are hosted by Model Engineer onto here not photobucket as sparkplug can't work PB

Sparkplug, when you move your cursor to the beginning of the url address it will change from an arrow to an "I" shape, position it right at the start just before the http.....  than hold the left button down and drag across and down the address, when the curser is just behind the ....jpg take your finger off the left button and with teh pointer over the highlighted text click the right mouse button and then select copy.

What is your user name on ME forum?

J

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal