Author Topic: Hello from Worcestershire...  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Epicyclic

Hello from Worcestershire...
« on: July 10, 2020, 07:07:27 PM »
I've been recommended to look on this site by Jason B as I’m ¾ of the way through building a quarter scale Economy Hit and Miss Engine, when it’s done I’d like to make a matching pump to complete the set.

I’m located near Worcester in the English Midlands where I’ve spent all of my 66 years.

My background is in heavy engineering I did a technical apprenticeship back in the early 70's and spent some years in the general machine shops before moving about into detailing and design, ending up as a service project manager before retiring a few of years ago.

My garage has an area converted into a workshop that houses a SIEG SX4 mill, a Warco GH1322 lathe, I also have a Portamig welder, a small portable band saw, a compressor that needs a bit of TLC and a 12T press plus the ususal bench grinders and general measuring equipment.

My workshop interests are varied and I like to make things for my use and my other hobbies.

Thanks for having me, I look forward to learning, or should I say relearning, from you folks and hope to be able to contribute a little too...

Regards, Henry.

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
Re: Hello from Worcestershire...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 08:12:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum Henry :cheers:        Terry

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 08:22:23 PM »
Hi Henry
Welcome to MEM!

Dave

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 08:25:52 PM »
Hi Henry,
Welcome to the forum!
Kim

Offline Chipmaster

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 08:36:05 PM »
Hello Henry,
welcome from another 66 year old MEM member living in Worcestershire.
I bought and completed a 90% built 1/4 scale Economy engine that I documented on MEM which might be of interest, http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,5680.0.html

Andy

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 06:55:47 AM »
Welcome to the Forum  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp:
Best regards

Roger

Offline nj111

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 06:16:18 PM »
Welcome!   Less than an hour away from you here in Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
Nick

Offline Epicyclic

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 08:11:41 AM »
Thank you all for the kind welcome!

Andy (Chipmaster) I've really enjoyed reading and re-reading about your experiences with the EE.  It is a fine model now, I've seen others have used gas but as I've just finished making the carb I'll try that first.  I'm now contemplating paint and was going down the Halfords rattle can route one the castings have been filled and flatted.  As well as something for the model to drive I've been keeping an eye open for some cast wheels for the trolly that I intend to mount it on.

It also good to see a couple of locals to me, I was beginning to think I was alone in this part of the world!

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome, Henry.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:15:23 AM by Epicyclic »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal