Author Topic: Plastic reduction gear set  (Read 3934 times)

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Plastic reduction gear set
« on: June 16, 2020, 09:19:41 AM »
Hi Guys I am hoping you maybe able to point me towards where I can buy some replacement plastic gears.

I have two Eufy robovacs “Sweep” (11) and “Soo” (11s) both have had damaged spur gears in the reduction gearbox attached to the side brush motor. Luckily I managed to pick up a pair of spare assemblies from Fleabay for about £6 each about a year ago but these are no longer available.

So that I can continue to repair my two house mates I am looking for a suppler of just the plastic gears. Having dug them out they seem to be:  primary gear helical 0.5 Mod 42 tooth, intermediate gear pair: helical 0.5 Mod 9 tooth driving Spur gear 0.5 Mod 10 tooth, final drive gear 0.5 Mod 46 tooth. Using those numbers the ratio would seem to be 21:1  :headscratch:  The only other clue is on the gearbox outer is the part number: 0018203 and “RC” and “B2”.

I am assuming they are a standard motor reduction gear set but does anyone have any ideas what else might use them? Or where I could buy some from?

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
Re: Plastic reduction gear set
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 09:49:17 AM »
Hi Guys I am hoping you maybe able to point me towards where I can buy some replacement plastic gears.

I have two Eufy robovacs “Sweep” (11) and “Soo” (11s) both have had damaged spur gears in the reduction gearbox attached to the side brush motor. Luckily I managed to pick up a pair of spare assemblies from Fleabay for about £6 each about a year ago but these are no longer available.

So that I can continue to repair my two house mates I am looking for a suppler of just the plastic gears. Having dug them out they seem to be:  primary gear helical 0.5 Mod 42 tooth, intermediate gear pair: helical 0.5 Mod 9 tooth driving Spur gear 0.5 Mod 10 tooth, final drive gear 0.5 Mod 46 tooth. Using those numbers the ratio would seem to be 21:1  :headscratch:  The only other clue is on the gearbox outer is the part number: 0018203 and “RC” and “B2”.

I am assuming they are a standard motor reduction gear set but does anyone have any ideas what else might use them? Or where I could buy some from?

Jo

Owt here ??

https://www.beltingonline.com/gears-racks-leadscrews-366/spur-gears-367/metric-0-5-to-8-mod-375/0-5-mod-spur-gear-514/?zenid=joqvcsckvon2ljm2sptmmgova7

The Hostaform are cheap & strong.  8)

Dunno about the helical wotsit.  :headscratch:  But plastic gears are readily available ( or were ) from Rapid Electronics, CPC, Robotics Sites etc.

Dave

Offline mikemill

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 09:49:54 AM »
Jo

Try these people, https://www.motionco.co.uk/ I have used them for bevel gears.

Mike

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 10:14:37 AM »
Could you 3D print them out, should be easy enough to draw in Alibre

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 10:16:52 AM »
Thanks for those  :)

My suspicions is that this is a set as the centre gear has both gears moulded as a single piece rather than seperate. As the intermediate driver is rather small I am not convinced I would be able to cut off the broken one and attach a replacement  :thinking:

Could I get the resolution needed for such small teeth on my 3D printer  :noidea:

Jo

Daggers

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 10:37:36 AM »
Hi,
Have a look at “iRobot Gear Roomba 651” in Thingverse, looks similar.

Daggers

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 10:40:02 AM »
Sorry, Thingiverse, missed the “i”, too early for me.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 11:04:14 AM »
Thanks Daggers, but both of those gears are standard straight teeth, the larger gear in the pair is helical (teeth at an angle)

Jo

Offline nj111

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 01:36:22 PM »
HPC gears in Chesterfield maybe? - not sure how small they go in their standard range but pretty sure I've seen plastic helical there before. Nick
Nick

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 02:00:57 PM »
 :thinking: The gears are looking more expensive than buying the complete assembly from USA and having it shipped over...

Jo

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2020, 02:59:07 PM »
So what are you hoping to power with these motors - turntable to admire your latest castings from all angles leaving both hands free for Snickers? :thinking:

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2020, 03:44:48 PM »

I have two Eufy robovacs “Sweep” (11) and “Soo” (11s) both have had damaged spur gears in the reduction gearbox attached to the side brush motor.

:facepalm2:    :D

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2020, 03:53:14 PM »
Load, FIRE....take aim   :lolb: :lolb: :lolb:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 03:57:23 PM by Vixen »
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2020, 04:33:26 PM »
So what are you hoping to power with these motors

:headscratch: Sweep and Soo's offside sweeping brush

Jo

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2020, 05:12:03 PM »
Gee I know this woman in the UK who has a mill and a dividing head, and a tool and cutter grinder...and....probably could make those gears...…out of plastic or steel or titanium.......just sayin
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal