Author Topic: Chinese Non-delivery of items  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
Re: Chinese Non-delivery of items
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 10:51:48 AM »
It's not only China. I have a package slowly on it's way from Sherline. In 14 days it has reached Belgium.
Best regards

Roger

Offline doubletop

• Wellington NZ
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 10:55:21 AM »
Me too. One of my orders timed out last Monday and I raised a non delivery dispute wanting an refund. They had refunded me by the end of the following day. Not the usual run around they give you.

Another order timed out today and I'll be raising a dispute tomorrow. That item appears to have got to the exit point in China but there is no record of it arriving in NZ.

Likewise I've not seen a copy of Model Engineer since issue 4634

Pete
?To achieve anything in this game, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.? - Stirling Moss

Offline doubletop

• Wellington NZ
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 11:08:01 AM »
I try when ever possible, and there is an option, not to buy from China.

With my recent experiences I am currently planning to not buy anything made in China in the future but I suspect it might be difficult  :thinking:

Jo

The future problem will be when the UK suppliers run out of stock they won't be able to re-stock as they get their stuff from China themselves. Going direct cuts out the middlemen. Then again the sellers on Ebay are usually just middlemen.

Alibaba and Aliexpress is the place to go. Not that they don't have issues from time to time. I could bore you with a 12 week saga of dealing with an Ebay and getting the run around by the vendor, Ebay and Paypal. Eventually I got a refund and re-purchased direct from the manufacturer on Aliexpress. A far better quality item arrived within a week.

Pete
?To achieve anything in this game, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.? - Stirling Moss

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2020, 11:50:48 AM »
I can trump you on that one Roger. The supplier is telling me this is in transit  >:(

Deliveries with-in the UK seem to be working ok: On Sunday I contacted CBR Electronics for another DRO read head, said I was in no rush so it was sent as a second class parcel on Monday when the post office opened. It arrived Wednesday morning  8)

I have an outstanding pair of deliveries from Aliexpress but I have every confidence that I will get my money back from them.

Likewise I've not seen a copy of Model Engineer since issue 4634

I haven't seen a modern paper copy of the magazine since before the lockdown mid March but that is because I haven't been to our "clubhouse" to pick anything up  ::) . It the old days the guys used to want to take the mags home to read stuff from it so it used to be touch and go if you got to see it but that has not been a problem for a few years you could normally find it to have a quick flick through while you drink a cuppa.

Jo

Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2020, 01:22:04 PM »
ME & MEW are not being sent overseas at the moment so you won't be getting anything until deliveries are getting back to normal, subscriptions will be extended so you won't be charged for what you don't get.

The UK suppliers tend to have bigger orders that come by container rather than jiffy bags, still a premium to find container space.

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 01:50:30 PM »
Hi All , I am still getting the magazines through the post...but the advertising pages are getting a bit thinner at the moment

Willy

Offline JC54

• Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2020, 08:26:34 PM »
I reply to Mike's comment about eBay sellers supposedly in UK but not. I think it is about time that eBay stepped in to stop this practice but as they are making money they do not give a d***. I always look at how long delivery is if it is 14 days chances are it is a scam. Also look at the sellers other items very often they all say from China!!!!!
                      Stay safe all John
When the Fun Stops,, Stop!

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2020, 08:47:51 PM »
There are some Chinese suppliers that have a shared warehouse in the UK and ship out of those. They have UK postage others have China Post  :Mad:

I normally go on delivery time: if it is less than 7 days it should be UK Warehouse stock if not then prepare for months and months. One of the reasons I now check that things turn up on time and demand refunds from Ebay if they fail their delivery timescales. If they later turn up then the supplier can arrange collection  ;)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline doubletop

• Wellington NZ
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2020, 10:52:36 PM »

...................... One of the reasons I now check that things turn up on time and demand refunds from Ebay if they fail their delivery timescales. If they later turn up then the supplier can arrange collection  ;)

Jo

That is a "must do" as soon as the end deadline arrives open a case. You'll get the "have you contacted the seller" or "have you checked with the local post office" but a timer starts and if you miss a dealine the case will go against you.

In my extended case I had the run around from the vendor which caused my Ebay deadline to be missed and was passed over to Paypal who wanted to me to go to my credit card company. All the time the vendor was making false promises. My case got closed and calls to Paypal in the USA reopened it, only for Paypal India to close it again a couple of days later.  This went on and on until the vendor missed one of the arbrutary deadlines and the case then went my way and I got a refund.

The lesson learned is always raise a case as soon as the shipping deadline is missed and then stick with it. Keep a close eye on deadlines they are managed by software not people, that applies to Ebay, Paypal, Alibaba, Aliexpress and Alipay.

Notwithstanding my 12 week drama I still buy a lot of stuff from Ebay and Ali and I'm pretty happy with their service. But, as with anything, there are those out there who will game the system.

Pete
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:00:37 PM by doubletop »

Offline doubletop

• Wellington NZ
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2020, 10:58:28 PM »
ME & MEW are not being sent overseas at the moment so you won't be getting anything until deliveries are getting back to normal, subscriptions will be extended so you won't be charged for what you don't get.

Does that mean we are never going to see the missing issues or are they on hold pending shipment?  I think most would preffer getting the back issues late rather than an extended subscription. As far as I'm concerned gaps in the collection devalue it for me and would be a reason for not re-subscribing when it comes round again.

Unless, of course we are going to get both  ;D

Pete

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2020, 07:23:58 AM »
Neil's post on ME Forum

https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=151891

martin's Editorial attached.

I would say you won't be getting the missed issues unless you have digital. Any questions best asked on ME Forum.

Other titles have been stopped completely.

Offline doubletop

• Wellington NZ
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2020, 09:18:13 AM »
Neil's post on ME Forum

https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=151891

martin's Editorial attached.

I would say you won't be getting the missed issues unless you have digital. Any questions best asked on ME Forum.

Other titles have been stopped completely.

Done- on the ME Forum https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=164735 I've suggested that at the minimum we get access to the digital copies back dated to March.

Pete

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2020, 10:30:33 AM »

There are some Chinese suppliers that have a shared warehouse in the UK and ship out of those. They have UK postage others have China Post  :Mad:

Jo

Yup. quite happy with this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333459029023

Arrived almost on time. ( Tracking showed item was at DHL on time ).

Practically zero run-out, lot cheaper than UK suppliers, ( I paid £14.95 BTW.  :) )

None left now it seems.

Dave

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2020, 02:38:54 PM »
Hi Pete,
 For what its worth, as I backed out the drive tonight to come to wxxk, I noticed magazines in the post box. Very happy my 1st ME mag since March! Mind you it was a March issue, 4365! Maybe just maybe we might start seeing stuff arrive. Wonder if it came by boat, it would be a just about 3 months!

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal